Chapter 12

~ Nimmi's POV ~

It was the day of the engagement and I was in my room getting ready. Tina opened the door and gasped at me.

"You look so gorgeous!" Tina exclaimed.

"Tina! It's just my engagement day. Not my wedding. You don't have to be all so excited." I joked and she laughed.

~ Anand's POV ~

My family were on the way to the Khanna's.

"Anand?" Mama called out.

"Yes Ma?" I replied.

"Are you okay?" Mama asked.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Just a little nervous." I said.

"Anand, it's just your engagement, not even the wedding yet." Mama said.

"I know, but, what if I'm not good for Nimmi? I mean, she deserves better." I said feeling concerned about Nimmi's life after marrying her.

"Dear, she deserves you. Look at her, she is kind, loving, she knows how to cook and most importantly she knows how to take care of her family. She the perfect one for you. Trust me, she is the one!" Mama said.

"Thanks Ma." I said.

We arrived at the Khanna's house several minuted later.

"Look everyone! The groom-to-be's family has arrived!" I'm guessing that it's one of Nimmi's aunties that said it.

"What a handsome looking guy!" The aunties said as our family entered.

"All of you have arrived? Come, on in." Mrs Khanna said, welcoming us.

~ Nimmi's POV ~

"Nimmi, they are here! Your to-be husband looks so fine!" Tina said.

"Thanks Tina! That's really what I needed." I said sarcastically.

"Nimmi, come on! Why are you acting like this? This is going to change your life!" Tina said.

"You reminded me." I said.

"Nimmi, I meant it in a good way. I'm sure he can take care of you." Tina said and I gave a sigh.

Just then, the door opened, Mama and Mrs Anisha came in.

"Wow Nimmi, you look so gorgeous in the Lehenga I bought." Mrs Anisha said.

"Thank you auntie." I said.

"Let's go? They're ready for you now." Mama said and we all nodded.

~ Anand's POV ~

I saw Nimmi coming down the stairs with my mother and future mother-in-law.

"Nimmi looks so beautiful!" I thought to myself.

Nimmi sat down beside me and smiled at me.

The celebrations were in full swing as many people performed in front of us, the performances was great that I didn't realise it was time to exchange the rings. A girl brought the tray with the two rings on it. Mrs Khanna took Nimmi's ring from the tray and passed it to me and passed my ring to Nimmi.

Both of our families  cheered as we exchanged the rings.

"This is it." I thought to myself as I placed the ring on her finger.

~ Nimmi's POV ~

"I'm someone's fiancé now. Things are going to change." I thought to myself as I placed the ring on his finger.

That night, Anand's family stayed over at my place.

"Juhi, Nimmi, let's discuss about the wedding. We are going to expect more guests than today." Mr Sameer said.

"So which day do you think we should do the wedding?" Mama asked.

"We think it's best that you decide." Mrs Anisha said.

"I'm thinking in a month. It should be enough to do the preparations." Mama said.

"Yes, in a month should be okay." Mr Sameer said.

"Won't a month be too fast? I mean, I'm sure Anand and I would need the time to fit into our places and fiancés first before being husband and wife." I asked and Mrs Anisha smiled.

"It should be. Besides, we have four weeks to see if everything will be okay." Mrs Anisha said and I smiled back.

"Alright then, I guess it should be fine." I said.