Chapter 57 ( THE ENDING )

~ Nimmi's POV ~

( seven months later.. )

With Diana and Sunil married two months ago, Anand and I await the birth of the baby. We were setting the table for Mrs Juhi, Mrs Anisha, Mr Sameer, Sunil and Diana. They were coming over to stay until I give birth, which could be anytime soon.

"Mrs Gupta, please, let me do it." Anand said, taking the plates of food from me.

As he set the food on the table, I smiled from him to my baby bump, I rubbed it.

"I hope it's a girl." I said, rubbing my stomach.

"Nope. I hope it's a boy." Anand said, rubbing his hands. I put her hands up.

"We've been arguing for the past week and I'm tired." I said and Anand laughed. The doorbell rang and Anand went to open it. Diana and Sunil stood there.

"Hi guys!" Anand said, hugging Sunil and Diana.

"Hey! Where's the mermaid?" Diana joked.

"Coming!" I said as I walked toward the door.

"You really are like a mermaid." Diana teased and they laugh. We hugged.

"Come in. We've just set the food." I said and they entered.

"Wow! What a feast!" Sunil said, rubbing his hands. I winced at the sudden pain in my abdomen.

"What's wrong Nimmi?" Diana asked.

"Nothing. It's just the small cramps I had for last weeks leading to birth." I said.

"We could just have it checked." Anand said.

"No. It's fine." I said.

The doorbell rang and Anand went to get it. Mrs Juhi, Mrs Anisha and Mr Sameer stood there.

"Come in." Anand said, hugging each and everyone of them.

"My mothers and Papa!" I said, hugging them and they came to the table.

"Wow! It looks like it's gonna pop soon!" Mrs Anisha said.

"Have a seat everyone and tuck in the the food." I said and everyone went crazy.

After clearing up, they settled themselves in the lounge.

"Umm... Sunil and I have some news to share." Diana said.

"Go on beta." Mrs Juhi said.

"We are expecting!" They said in unison.

"Oh my! How long?" I asked.

"9 weeks." Diana replied and they hugged.

"Congratulations!" I said, breaking away from the hug.

We were having a movie night. Diana and Sunil cuddled in a corner while the parents sat on sofa. Anand and I were squeezed together on the armchair. My cramps came again. But it was much more painful than usual.

"Nimmi. Why are you squeezing my hand that tight? It's not a horror movie." He said and everyone laughed.

"Anand it's no joke. My cramps are back. And it's much worse." I said, trying to stand up.

Everyone stared at me. I felt something drip as I started getting dizzy. I remembered looking down and saw water and everything went black after that.

~ Anand's POV~

"Call the ambulance!" I said, noticing the water and holding a fainted Nimmi in my arms.

They pushed the stretcher into the delivery ward.

"Stay here sir." The nurse said and went in.

A few hours later, the surgeon came out.

"Anand Gupta." He called out and I went over.

"Congratulations. It's a baby girl." He said and everyone cheered.

I put my hands to my mouth in shock.

"Thank you doctor. Can we see her?" I asked.

"Yes! Room 491." He said and walked away. We rushed in.

"Anand?" Nimmi called out. I went over and hugged her. I planted a kiss on her forehead.

"Baby boy?" She asked, still dizzy from the anaesthetic.

"No Mrs Gupta, it's a Miss Gupta." I said.

"I won." She said with a hand gesture and they laughed.

"You guys are all here?" Nimmi asked and they smiled.

A few hours later, there was a knock on the door and the nurse came in.

"Hi guys, make way for the princess." The nurse said, pulling the baby bed to Nimmi's side.

The nurse took the baby and passed it to Nimmi.

"Hey there little one." Nimmi said, taking the child in her arms. Tears instantly flowed down her cheeks and I wiped them away. Nimmi planted a kiss on the baby's head.

"I'm sure you're going to be the apple of our eyes Miss Gupta." I said and they shared a family hug.

"I think I'm going to name her Ankita." Nimmi said and I gave a wide smile.

~ Nimmi's POV ~

( 7 years later...)

"Ok ready?" The photographer asked.

"Ready!" They all said in unison. On the left stood Sunil, Diana and their son, Prakash. In the centre were the parents and the right is Anand and Ankita and I.

"Ok, single family shots!" The photographer said. Since Mama was single, I joined her in the single shots.

A few weeks on, we got the photos.

"Let's frame this." I said and they framed it on the wall.

Even though It's All Arranged.. love can always be created.

********** THE END **********