Chapter 49

~ Anand's POV ~

I woke up to the sound of vomiting in the bathroom.

I ran over and saw Nimmi bending over at the sink after her bath. I helped her rubbed her back. She brushed up and gurgled.

"Thank you Anand." Nimmi thanked.

"Anytime Mrs Gupta." I said and we slowly walked out.

Nimmi placed her hand on her forehead, she was feeling dizzy.

"Are you okay?" I asked.

"Yeah, just go and bathe, I'll prepare you quick breakfast. Butter-sugar spread okay with Milo?" Nimmi asked.

"Ok!" I said.

After bathing and all. I was ready to leave.

Nimmi was sending me to the door when suddenly, she called out.

"Anand–" she called out but fainted.

"Nimmi!" I called out frantically.

I ran upstairs, quickly got her belongings and placed them in the car, I carried her and placed her in the car. I drove off to the hospital.

"Nurse, my wife had just fainted." I said and they quickly brought a stretcher.

The went to the examination room while a nurse was questioning me outside.

"My wife, she's pregnant, she's been having terrible morning sickness and I really don't know–" I said but was interrupted.

"Calm down sir. Thank you for telling us about the pregnancy, but please fill in this form about your wife's particulars and give it to the counter." The nurse said passing me the form and went inside.

I went to the counter.

"Can I have a pen please?" I asked. I started to fill in the details and passed the form to the nurse behind the counter.

I walked over to the benches, took out my suit and pulled out my phone. I dialled Mrs Juhi first.

"Hello?" Mrs Khanna answered the phone.

"Ma? It's Anand." I started.

"Yes Anand? Tell me." Mrs Khanna said.

"Can you come down to the hospital now?" I asked.

"What? Why?" Mrs Khanna asked.

"Nimmi.. she fainted. I really don't know what to do. Please come down." I said.

"Ok, you wait there. I'm coming." Mrs Khanna said and cut the call.

I then called my parents and they are coming down too.

I decided to do a quick drive home to change and come back.

I came back after an hour and went to the counter.

"Is my wife out yet? Her name is Nimmi." I asked.

"Anand Gupta?" A guy said.

"Yes. That's me." I said.

"Anand!" Mrs Khanna and Mama said together.

I gave them an 'okay' sign.

"I'm Nimmi's doctor. Doctor Raja. Baby's fine. She just had a sudden low blood pressure. She's low on glucose too. We'll have to keep her under observation for two days or so. She's is room 26. Two floors up, third room to your left." Doctor Raja said.

"Thank you doctor." I said and rushed to the lift.