Chapter 25

~ Nimmi's POV ~

When we went to dinner last night, we learnt so many different things about each other.

What shocked me the most last night was the fact that Anand actually said 'I love you' for the first time before I went into a deep slumber.

I decided not to talk about that this morning as I didn't feel like ruining his and my morning.

Anand was straightening his tie when I came out from the walk-in wardrobe with the matching jacket. I put the jacket on for him.

"Not going to work?" Anand asked I as he put on the jacket.

"I'll be turning in late as I'm not feeling well. I'm having a headache." I said.

"Good that our offices are near each other. It's easy for me to pick you up if you're not feeling well." Anand said and I nodded with a smile.

"I've already prepared breakfast downstairs. Go eat." I said and Anand nodded.

Anand left the room and I went to take a bath.

~ Anand's POV ~

I wonder if Nimmi still remembers the last word I told her before she slept. That was my first time saying 'I love you' after the biggest breakup in my life.

I got a message and looked at the lit screen.

To my horror, it was my ex-girlfriend who had cheated on me with another man. Her name was Diana.

Diana Kapoor.

•••

"Hey Anand! How are you? It's been so long! I heard that you're married?" - Diana

"Stop finding for me! Yes, I'm married. So stop disturbing me." - Anand

•••

I placed my phone down and continued breakfast. There was a message.

But this time it was from my friend whom was also the CEO of my company. Well I'm the boss, so I don't have to deal with boss's whining.

•••

"Her bro! Where are you? You have a client to meet in an hour. Do you remember?" - Sammy

"Sorry! I'm so in love with my wife's cooking that I forgot to keep track of the time. Wait there, I'm coming."  - Anand

•••

Just then, Nimmi came down all ready for work.

"Mrs Gupta, I have to go. See you later. Bye!" I said.

Nimmi's POV

"Bye." I said to myself as Anand walked away. I was driving to my office when I had a call. I looked at the screen. It was Tina calling. I hooked on my bluetooth and pressed the answer button.

"Hey babe!" I answered the call.

"Babe, where are you?" Tina said.

"I'm driving to the office now. I've already told you I'll turn in late." I said, looking at the rear mirrors.

"Okay." Tina said and hanged up.

I parked the car, turned off the engine, took my bag and left the car. I walked to the lift lobby and pressed the button.

I jumped in fright as I felt a tap on my shoulder.

"Chill! It's just me." My best friend, Sunil Grover, said.

"Oh! Sunil. You scared me." I said, laughing.

"I heard you're married. From Tina." Sunil said.

"Yeah. He is the boss of the Gupta Holdings. Our partner." I said.

"Nimmi?" Sunil called out.

"Yeah?" I replied.

"I just want you to know that even though you're married, I'll still be here for you." Sunil said.

I looked at him and gave him a faint smile. The lift door opened and I went in, leaving Sunil behind.

~ Sunil's POV ~

"I will always pray for your happiness with Anand, Nimmi. But I just need you to know that I still love you. But I'll never try to break your family apart." I said to myself and walked away.

Author's note:

New characters:

Sunil Grover - Tiger Shroff
Diana Kapoor - Amy Jackson