Chapter 1 [1]

YW:2016                                                                            Edited: September 2020

Charlie's PoV :
"Simon seriously Captain America is way better than Iron man," I said rolling my eyes as he talks about it. I'm a fan but right now I'm too worried about Clary to care. Today she had an interview at the Brooklyn Academy of art and now Simon and I are just waiting for her to come back.

"Charlie she's coming ..... Uh oh looks like bad news" Simon said as I looked up and saw the sad expression on her face. 
As clary walked up to us Simon said: "Give me the professors names and I will end them". Me and Clary both looked at Simon in surprise.
"You know with the scathing email to the dean" there's the real Simon.
"Hey tell me the names and I will go knock them all out, " I said.
"Don't bother?" clary said before smiling.
"What? Sad face? Really?" Simon said as clary laughed.
"Well played, well played, " I said as I hugged her ."Thank you" she said ."You know it's weird. They kind of liked my assigned work, but they flipped out over the drawings for our graphic novel" Clary said afterwords
"Your welcome " me and Simon both said at the same time making all of us laugh.
"This day will go down in history as the best 18th birthday I ever had, " Clary said.
"Which is why we are celebrating tonight. [he paused] yes with Maureen after our show " Simon said as I thanked the lady for bringing our coffees.
"Absolutely," Clary said.
"So what's the deal with you and Maureen ?" Clary said .
Oh god! Clary seemed to be the only one oblivious to simons feelings for her.
"What deal?No deal. We sing together that's all"
"You seriously don't know she's been crushing on you this whole time " clary said and Simons eyes went wide.
"What ? No. No"Simon stuttered.
"Simon how can someone as smart and perceptive as you not realise that the person right there is in love with you ?" Clary said .
"I guarantee you I'm not the only smart and perceptive person to make that mistake" he said . I instantly knew he was talking about clary. I rolled my eyes when it's just me and simon all I hear about is clary.

 Clary and I went to pick our biscotti at the same time . "Guys those are lattes " Simon said smirking .
"But I could've sworn I had biscotti " clary said. "Yeah same" I said as we both gave each other a confused look.
"Maybe you ate it really fast and didn't notice. Happens all the time to me . When I'm happy when I'm sad,"Me and clary laughed ,"but I will replace your mythical biscotti with and actual one " Simon said as he broke his biscotti in half and handed them to us .
"Thank you" me and clary said at the same time.
"God I swear it is a twin thing. Anyway here's to you clary ". Simon said as he smiled at her. I sighed, giving claty and simon a small smile. However much it annoyed me to hear how much simon liked clary, I envied the feelings he had for her, I wished that one day someone would feel the same about me.

"Hey Dot " me and clary said at the same time.

 "So how's your future looking" I said .

"Not as good as clary's" dot said heading straight past me to hug clary .

"The tarot cards tell me you got into the advanced programme "

"And by the tarot cards you mean Simons Twitter account ?" They laughed .

"Okay I follow him because it turns out predicting the future with tarot cards is very complicated, but I do see a birthday present in both your futures" 

I turned around to see Dot handing me a bag . Clary got a black shirt and I got a shirt and jeans both black and both had rips in. 

"Thanks so much Dot " I said while giving her a hug which she returned. 

"Yeah you might want to keep that on the down low because your moms my boss and I don't want her to flip out " me and clary chuckled . I started to head upstairs to see mom , while clary and dot talked a bit more downstairs.

"Hey mom," I said before going to my room and flopping down on my bed all I could were the squeals of joy from my mom and clary. I sighed as I heard them talking. Clary was always the favourite no matter what she did she was always the angel and I always had to look out for clary.
I went back out to see mom holding two presents one for me and one for clary . We both opened them together to see two stele's . I looked at my mom in surprise.
I knew about shadowhunters and had my whole life. My mom tried to get my memories taken away by a warlock called Magnus bane. It worked for clary but his magic never worked on me and none of us know why, no matter how many times my mom tried to erase my memories, they didn't  want to go.  So eventually she told me about the shadow hunter world and she taught me how to fight. Although I go to a fight club which wasn't a welcomed activity when my mom found out, turns out coming home beaten and bruised isn't exactly ideal.  Now we're 18 I guess moms gonna tell Clary. 

"It's a family heirloom" mom said.

"We Frays have heirlooms?" Clary said surprised.

 "A few" mom said. I walked into my room to get ready to go out while clary and mom talked more .
As I walked out I saw my moms bad attempt at trying to talk to clary .
"Hey Luke " I said as he came up and hugged me. Luke was always kind to me, while my mom favourites clary, luke always made sure to look out for me.
"So when are you gonna tell clary " I said picking up and apple and taking a bite . "We'll do it soon" mom said .
"How soon is soon we don't know what's gonna happen mom" I said .
"Just promise me you will take you will take your seraph blade and protect Clary and yourself if anything happens " mom said. 

"Mom I promise" I said hugging her to make sure she was alright . I didn't even realise Simon come in seeing as how loud they were .
Luke have clary spray paint as a present and he gave me my old guitar which had been broken before he got it fixed up and jazzed up a little bit aswell.
"Promise me if anything happens mom don't burn my instruments please" I said . I study at the Brooklyn college of performing arts as I study music and drama. We bid goodbye to my mom and luke and left to go to Simons gig.

As Simon sang all he did was stare at clary and I scoffed. However much I would like to be loved, love scares the shit out of me. Romance movies put to many expectations on love that's why I don't like them or love itself . So while Simon stared longingly at clary, Maureen was doing the same to Simon from behind him. One day this is all gonna blow up and go to shit and I can watch on the sidelines. 

After the gig finished clary started spray painting the van and not before getting a bit sidetracked at Simon taking off his shirt . I scoffed at that because Maureen and clary both looked and got a bit dazed for a second it was quite funny to watch.
Once clary finished we looked at the van she drew a symbol that I recognised. I pulled out my phone, going to text my mom. Clary had spray painted a rune which meant the magic was wearing off and I needed to get her somewhere safe. They were all talking about some secret language until I saw clary shouting at some muscular blonde dude .
"Hey what's going on here" I asked.
"This guy needs to watch where he's going " clary said obviously annoyed so being her twin sister who always sticks up for her.
"You've got eyes so use them, " I said.
"You can see me?" he questioned. 
"Yeah but you obviously couldn't see my sister" I said.
"You both have the sight . How can I not know who you are ?" He said before someone called him, my eyes widened as I saw a rune on his neck. 

"Clary stay here" I said as I went to go follow the shadow hunter, something was obviously going on here.

"No I'm coming with you" she said and I groaned as I grabbed her hand pulling her into the club.

"Stay close to me" I said.

"Remember your fake ID's suck" Simon shouted after us.