Chapter 66 [3]

Charlie's PoV:

8 Months later

"How's alec?" Clary asked as she sat across from me, sipping at her tea.

"He's good, you know, he's got a lot of business meetings at the moment," I said and she just nodded.

" I'm guessing he has to increase shares right?" I nodded as I took another spoonful of ice cream, resting the pot back on my stomach, clary laughed as she watched me.

"It's so crazy, I can't believe I only found out about you two 8 months ago" I gave her a small smile at the lie.

"Yeah well life got a little bit hectic" she let out a laugh.

I looked at my phone realising the time.

"I'm going to get going, before alec gets home" I sat pushing myself up, clary walking me to the door.

"You need me to take you?" I shook my head.

"I could do with the fresh air" I kissed her on the cheek as I opened the door.

"I'll see you in a few days when these babies finally decide to come out, lord knows I want them out" Clary laughed as she waved me off. As soon as she closed the door, I walked around the corner and opened a portal, stepping through and ending up in the institute.

I let out a huff, as my the straining pain in my back got worse.

I knocked on alec's door.

"Come in" I opened the door, and as soon as he saw me he ran round his desk to come and help me.

"You okay?" he asked kissing me and I smiled.

"Well apart from being in pain and wanting these babies out yeah I'm great" he gave me a small smile.

"How was clary?" he asked and my smile dropped.

"The same, she's got a gig booked at an art exhibition in a few months" alec gave me a small smile as he sat back down behind his desk.

"It's just difficult, keeping everything from her. I mean I know that I did it before, but that was when I didn't have you or the others" Alec nodded giving me a sympathetic look.

"Hey is Izzy around?" 

"Yeah she's in the control room" I pushed myself up, alec quickly getting to his feet but I just waved my hand.

"I'm fine" I huffed, blowing him a kiss before leaving the room.

The pain I was feeling started to get worse as I neared the control room, my eyes connected with Izzy's as I neared, until I felt something drip down my leg. I looked down at the puddle on the floor, my eyes immediately finding Izzy's as she looked on in shock.  She nudged Jace and dragged him with her, running over to me.

"Izzy what the fu-" he said before looking at me.

"I'm gonna go get alec," he said and I nodded as Izzy helped me lean against the wall.

"Well, this is not how I expected my day to go," Izzy said making me laugh.

"You okay?" she asked and I nodded.

"Just scared" she opened her mouth to speak, but quickly stopped when alec came running. The panic was clear on his face as mumbled out incoherent sentences. I grabbed his hand, stopping him from pacing.

"Alec I'm fine, calm down. We just need to get the bag and then we can go to the hospital" He nodded.

"And you still want to go to the regular hospital yeah?" I nodded.