Chapter 54 [3]

Alec's PoV:

I'd been waiting outside the infirmary for an hour now, my hand clasped in clary's as we waited to hear about charlie. Everyone else had joined us too, frequently looking at the door, waiting for the nurse to come out and tell us what was going on. 

My mom came over, kneeling in front of me and lifting my face so I would look at her.

"She's going to be okay, she's the strongest person we know" I nodded, looking over to clary, whose leg was bouncing frantically; I gave her hand a reassuring squeeze, but I quickly let go when the door opened and the nurse came out.

"Alec and Clary" the nurse called out as she looked at us, mine and clary continued holding hands in reassurance as we walked in, to see charlie static in her bed, just the faint sound of the heart monitor and the steady rise and fall of her breath. 

"What's wrong with her?" Clary asked as I walked over, my hand taking Charlies in mine.

"I don't know" the nurse sighed.

"What! What do you mean?" I looked down at charlie.

"She's completely fine, her vitals are normal, the babies are fine, she's gone into a coma, but there's no reason why" I looked over to clary whose face held no emotion.

"Can we pull her out of the coma?" I asked the nurse just shrugged.

"I don't know what put her in it, I've tried what I can, I can try and consult others see if they know another way but for the moment she will stay like this"

"Thank you," Clary said and the nurse nodded leaving.

"I'll let the others know they can come in now" I just nodded at her. Clary walked overtaking my hand in hers again.

"Maybe magnus can help," she said and I just nodded, looking over to the door as the others entered.

"What's wrong with her?" Luke asked as he said beside her.

"We don't know" upon saying that everyone looks at me confused.

"The nurse said she's completely fine, she doesn't understand why she's like this," I said.

"She's basically in a coma," Clary said smiling sadly at Jace.

"What about the baby?" My mom asked and I just smiled.

"She said the bab-" I paused, finally taking in the nurses words. I looked to clary who seemed to catch on and I quickly ran out the infirmary after the nurse.

"You said babies" I shouted after the nurse, she quickly turned around a smile on her face.

"Congratulations Mr Lightwood you're having twins" I let out a breath as she said that, turning around to see clary and Jace, both with smiles on their face.

"My god man," Jace said as he patted me on the shoulder. I couldn't breathe, I was excited and happy but I wanted to share this with charlie, we were supposed to find this out together. We all walked back to the infirmary where I quickly walked over and sat next to charlie.

"Alec what about the baby?" Izzy asked and I smiled lightly.

"The babies are fine," I said.

"Wait"

"Babies!" I heard my mom say a smile creeping its way onto her face. I was met with a series of congratulations and I kept the smile on my face, even though I was terrified. I looked over to magnus.

"Magnus do you think magic might help her?" he shrugged.

"We would have to get Lorenzo in but it might work" I looked over to Jace who immediately went to call for Lorenzo, who quickly appeared through a portal.