Chapter 37 [2]

Written: September 2019        Edited: March 2021

Charlie's PoV:

"Stop it please!" I begged as I looked up to Robbie who only smirked at me. Pain radiated through my entire body.

"You know the best part about this is seeing your strength fade completely. Who knew that after just a few beatings that I could bring down one of the strongest shadow hunters" Robbie was sat in a chair opposite me, casually tossing his seraph blade to and fro. I grunted as I pulled at the restraints, although I knew there was no use in trying seeing as they were cast in warlock magic and I was too weak. 

"Stop struggling" Robbie shouted, His chair screeched as he pushed himself towards me, his seraph blade making contact with my throat.

"Do it" I said, earning a laugh from Robbie.

"Now wheres the fun in that" both our heads turned in the direction of the voice, seeing Jonathon walk through the door. Robbie took a step back as Sebastian walked over, grabbing my face in his hands inspecting the cuts and bruises.

"Oh sister what has he done to you" he smiled as I moved my face from his grasp.

"You don't deserve to look like Sebastian" Jonathon laughed, before changing his appearance, his whole body burnt.

"You would prefer me to look like this?" I shrugged.

"Does you more justice don't you think?" I joked, gasping as his hand made contact with my face.

"Aww does someone, not like the truth" he hissed at me, as I sat there unfazed by the slap. I struggled against my restraints as I moved closer to Jonathon.

"You disgust me" I spat, looking into Jonathon's dead eyes with a smirk on my face. He stood there for a minute, before he launched at me, knocking the chair I was tied to over. I braced for impact, lifting my head so it didn't smack the floor. Jonathon climbed over me, hissing and saliva dripping down onto my face. 

"Jonathon!" I turned my head to see valentine. Jonathon stood up, regaining his posture and taking Sebastian's appearance once again.

"Leave" Valentine ordered and Jonathon nodded, sending me an angry glance before leaving the room. Valentine walked over, picking up the chair I was restrained in; he then picked up a cloth from a table at the back of the room and a chair before sitting in front of me and placing the damp cloth against my face. I winced, pulling my face away from him.

"I don't need your fucking help" he pressed the cloth deeply into the cut on my face causing me to cry out.

"Don't use that language around me" I scoffed looking up at him.

"You aren't my father" a small smile made its way onto his lips.

"My blood runs through your veins, you're more like me than you know charlie" I just stared at him, confused by what he meant before a man appeared from the corner of the room. Valentine stood up pushing the chair away.

"Now charlie you're my daughter and I'll always love you but this must be done" the man stepped forward and I immediately recognised him as an old warlock friend of Robbie's, obviously following him in the path of being one of my father's minions.

"Dominic please" I begged but he still moved towards me, green mist swirling around his hands as they reached for my head.

"No please!" I screamed out as his hands connected with my temples.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I heaved in, my chest felt empty and I struggled to breathe as Dominic moved his hands back to my head. I struggled against the restraints, but my body was too weak. I had been resisting his magic as best as I could, but I knew I wouldn't last much longer.

"Give in charlie or you'll die," Robbie said grabbing my wrist and digging his fingers into the cuts on my wrist. 

"I'd rather die" I spat using the little energy I had left. I looked around at the men who watched over me as I was being tortured, I didn't really know what they wanted because I couldn't get much out through my screams. 

" Charlie that's one of the things I still love about you is your strength but right now I just need you to stop fighting" 

"You know Robbie I don't think you're capable of love anymore not after all you've done and don't act as you know me" I managed to stutter out, spitting out the blood in my mouth from time to time. He then walked over to Dominic whispering something to him which my father laughed at. I gave up struggling against the restraints when all energy left my body, I'd lost track of how long I'd been here but as Dominic placed his hands on my temples once again I saw alec in front of me.  I tried to smile until a wicked grin took form on his face.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I watched as they removed the restraints with a smile.  My father held his arms wide open as I rushed in to hug him.

"Are you ready?" He asked and I nodded, stepping back. I raised my arms and started to use my magic to summon a portal but it didn't work.

"What's going on?" Robbie asked stepping forward.

"There seems to be a spell which is stopping me from making a portal thanks to that  warlock magnus"

"Are you strong enough?" my father asked.

"of course," I thought back to the ruin I drew when portalling clary and chase and used my stele to conjure it up. As soon as the portal was ready my father and Jonathon stepped through. Robbie grabbed my hand, spinning up towards me; our faces almost touching.

"hmm well aren't getting sexier by the second the more I learn about you. This new life must be treating you well" He said, the smile on my face never faltered by as he pressed his lips against mine I felt the compelling urge to throw up and blast Robbie into hell, but my body never resisted. I felt sick.

"You ready to go kill some shadowhunters" I nodded.

"I was born ready," I said a smile on my face as I tried to resist but I simply accepted Robbie's hand as it wrapped around my own and stepped through the portal with him. 

As we stepped through the other side and I was faced with all my fathers' followers bowing at the sight of him.

"Fellow shadowhunters my daughter has seen sense and will join us in our quest to rid our world of downworlders, she will help lead us into battle where we will be victorious." The crowd roared, before falling to their knees as my father pulled out the soul sword and lifted it high into the air. Arms wrapped around my waist and I turned to see Robbie next to me.

"Time to prove yourself," he said handing me a seraph blade, his hand travelled down to my ass as he gave it a light tap before pushing me over to my father. My father held his hand out, which I took and he lead me over to one of his followers. 

"Kill him," My father said, with a wicked grin. I smiled at him, but I hesitated. It felt wrong.

"Do it" he whispered, I turned to the follower, plunging the seraph blade into his chest. The crowd roared once again as the man fell to the floor. I turned to see my father and Robbie smiling at me, clapping along with the others. I smiled at the crowd before stepping back, my head was telling me this was right, but my heart said differently.