Chapter 7 [1]

Written: December 2016 Edited: September 2020

Charlie's PoV:

"I can summon the demon, but you must make the demand. Now, I warn you retrieving your memories will not be easy." Magnus said to clary.

"I will do anything I can," Clary said stepping forward.

"Um before we do that magnus the lair location has been compromised so maybe a change in scenery," I said and he nodded.

"Of course, how could I forget. Good thing I've got you with me" I smiled at him.

"Hold tight everyone," I said as magnus lifted his hands. With a quick flick of his hands, the whole apartment moved, everyone but myself and magnus fell.

After Magnus changed the location he started talking about how he liked to redecorate every time he moves location and shit like that so I decided to look at the view.

"You okay?" Alec asked as he came and stood beside me, I just nodded and he started to walk off.

"Wait alec!" he stopped and turned to face me.

"I'm sorry"

"What for?" he asked a confused look on his face.

"Me and clary. One second your lives were less stressful well for what you do anyway. You had order and everything was okay and normal and it was all well and then me and clary came along and messed up your lives, we pulled you into this, so I'm sorry" I said still looking out the window although I could see Alec looking at me in the corner of my eye.

"You have done nothing wrong, I'm just used to a routine but a bit of adventure is exciting right" I chuckled at his comment before we both had to turn around and join in with the conversation.

"If a person wants their memories returned, they must draw the pentagram to summon the demon.

I can walk you through it if you like." Magnus said to clary.

"No I got this," said Clary before getting to work and drawing the pentagram."

" Jocelyn was right, your artistry is beyond compare."

"I don't know about that."

"Oh, the only other person I've known who could draw as well was Michelangelo, who was excellent in bed, I might add," Magnus said while looking at Alec, alec's eyes just widened making both magnus and I laugh.

"Okay. We're ready" Clary said brushing off her hands.

"Charlie we only have 5 places so is it ok..." I cut off Magnus.

"Yeah I will stand out make sure you guys don't get killed by Valek," I said. I smiled weakly at Alec.

Everyone joined hands while I stood back and watched. They all grunted as they tried to hold on to the others.

"the demon demands payment"Magnus shouted.  "We must each relinquish a beloved thought of the one we love the most.  If the connection is powerful then we are more likely to get clary's full memories back"
Everyone nodded as the memory demon took a memory of their loved ones. Alec's memory came up at first it was Izzy but it quickly changed to me and Alec when we were talking by the window.

"A soulmate connection" Magnus gasped, his eyes shooting towards me and a rush running through my body at the words.

"No, it's not true! The demon deceived me!" I looked at him shocked. What did Magnus mean by soulmate connection?

"Alec this is a strong connection this could help us" Magnus shouted but it fell on deaf ears as alec tried to break away.

Do not break the bond!"Magnus shouted. I knew I had to do something.

"Alec, it's okay!"I shouted at him.

"No!"Alec shouted refusing what had happened.

"I cannot contain the demon much longer!"Magnus shouted. Then suddenly Jace got pulled in by the demon.

"No! Jace! Grab him! " Clary shouted and I rushed forward grabbing jace's hand.

"Grab him! - Hold on!"Everyone was trying to pull Jace.

"The demon is growing stronger!"Magnus shouted. I pulled out my seraph blade ready to kill this demon.

" Charlie, if you kill the demon, Clary's memories will be lost forever! "

"Sorry clary" I said before stabbing the demon with my seraph blade. Jace along with everyone else fell to the floor.

" Jace Oh, my God, Jace."Clary said checking if he was okay. I looked at Alec but he didn't look at me once.I looked down at the floor why did this have to happen?

I walked around the corner, my back against the wall. I looked down at the floor. I heard Alec and Jace talking.

" There's nothing to be ashamed of, Alec." Jace said.

"I don't know what you're talking about," Alec said

"Alec you can't help feelings"

"Shut stop it jace I barely know her, she's just some stupid random girl" My back hit the wall and Ilet out a shaky breath.

"You don't mean that"

I didn't have time to move quick enough as alec walked around the corner.

"Oh god" Alec said as he saw me. He went to speak again but i stuck my hand up stopping him. I just gave him a small smile before walking away.

I bumped into Izzy he pulled me into a room and sitting me down.

"You okay?" I shook my head.

"I shouldn't have killed the demon" I said and she shook her head.

"You saved jace and killed greater demon, not many can make that claim" she said and I scoffed.

"Yeah, but in killing that demon, I lost Clary's memories forever." she crouched down grabbing my hands in hers.

I can't believe that I messed up the chance to find my mom" she just gave my hands a squeeze and I smiled at her, it was reassuring.

"We will find her." Izzy said and I nodded.

"By the way your brother is an asshole" I said and she laughed.

"Oh I'm well aware"