Chapter 29 [2]

Written: December 2017                     Edited: February 2021

Charlie's PoV:

"Let me through, I'm here to speak to Valentine," I said, the guards in front of me sharing a look, before nodding and stepping to the side. I stepped into the elevator a small smile playing on my lips as I pressed the button, the door quickly closing. When the doors opened, my eyes immediately landed on my father who was bound in shackles. I couldn't help but smile at the situation he was in.

"Ahh Charlie my strongest creation," he said, lifting his head up and locking eyes with me. I let out an amused scoff before turning towards the guard.

"You can leave, I need to speak with him privately," I said, the guard hesitated in his spot before giving a short nod and walking away.

"I'll shout if I need help," I said to guard as he brushed past me. I watched as the doors closed and the guards were gone, before turning back to Valentine a smirk on my face as I looked at him.

"Well you look like shit," I said to him as I took in his beaten and bruised features. He stayed quiet. I walked over to grab one of the guards chairs, dragging it across the floor toward the glass of the prison sitting directly in front of Valentine.

"Now now dad it's not the time to stay quiet with me. I have questions, you have answers," I said and he smirked.

"What makes you think I will give you answers?" he asked.

"I think I deserve them don't you think?"The silence that played between us gave me my answer.

"How did I get warlock powers?" I asked.

"Well, see you are a difficult case, Charlie. With Jace it was easy, I made sure he had demon blood when he was born. But you came out as pure as they come" 

"So you injected me when I was young?" he nodded.

"How?" A small smile played at his lips.

"Your mother tended to pay more attention to Clary, it was easier to get to you" I felt the familiar pang in my chest, even as a child my mother favoured clary.

"However, you were never supposed to be as strong as you are, you have managed to access a power that should be impossible" My eyes widened as I looked up at my father whose face showed no signs of lying.

"I knew I should've taken you, Jace was weak but you my dear are rare" I scoffed.

"Am I supposed to thank you?" Valentine let out a small laugh, smiling at me mischievously.

"I made you what you are" I stood up, walking closer to the glass.

"But even you said you didn't expect the outcome, you never trained me, I taught myself" Valentines smile faded.

"I made myself strong, not you" I smirked at the annoyed look on his face, before going to sit back down in the chair.

"When the soul sword was activated something happened to me..."

"Like I said my dear you have greater power than you know. The soul sword only activated it" he cut me off. I just looked at him calmly, but the inside of my head was reeling trying to retain all this information and that fact that my power wasn't even at a full capacity. I opened my mouth to ask another question when the sound of doors opening and footsteps caused me to stop. I turned to see the guards walking back.

"Times up" I nodded, looking at my father who only smirked at me.

"This isn't over," I said walking back towards the elevator.