Chapter 21 [2]

Written: April 2017   Edited: February 2021

Charlie's PoV:

"How'd it go with Aldertree?" Alec asked me. I was being punished for throwing Raj into a wall and sneaking Alec out the institute as well as punching Aldertree himself in the face

"Well, the man didn't disappoint," I said and Alec chuckled.

"In his own charming, inimitable way, he informed me that I will indeed be punished, but the form of punishment is yet to be decided," I said.

"All for trying to save my life. Jace may have been the one who pulled me out, but I did feel you there. And it did make a difference. So thank you." He said grabbing my hand.

"Thank you for not dying on me. I was fucking terrified" I said and Alec just smiled.

"Look, um, I know that with everything that's been going on, we haven't had a chance to go on that first date we never had?" Alec said and I nodded.

"Right, yes. I can't believe we haven't been on a first date yet" I said looking up at Alec.

"I know a place in SoHo that has the best lamb kebab this side of Marrakesh. Well, Magnus does and has been telling me to go there for ages." I said and Alec laughed, grabbing my hands and shaking them, I laughed at the childish act.

"You hungry?" I asked.

"Starving." He said and I laughed.

"When are you not?" I said and Alec laughed with me.

"Hey, Alec and Charlie. Demon briefing in the ops centre. All hands on deck." Raj said glaring at me and Alec turned back round raising his eyebrows at me.

"Raj You look well," I said and he gave me a dirty look before walking off. Me and Alec started to laugh.

"Rain check?" he said and I nodded.

"Yes, yeah. Why the hell are we always doing things?" I said and Alec chuckled. We started to walk to the ops centre. Our subject of conversation the best places to eat. As we were walking I saw Clary talking to mom.

"Hey, Alec I'll see you there okay?" I said before squeezing his hand and walking over.

"What's wrong?" I asked Clary who looked upset.

"The Clave is reassigning me to Idris," she said and I looked at her shocked.

"What?" I said confused.

"Why?" Clary asked.

"I'm Valentine's ex-wife. I hid the Cup for 18 years. They're testing my loyalty" She said and me and Clary looked at each other before she grabbed my hand.

"But the Clave has to know that you're not on Valentine's side," I said, understanding the reasoning of the clave.

"Just tell them you'll prove your loyalty here," Clary said and I gave her a sad smile. I know I haven't exactly been on my mom's best side as I don't agree with what she's done but she's still my mom I lost her once I don't want to lose her again.

"I wish it were up to me. So it's either I go to Idris, or I run, and I've done enough running." She said clary and I nodded, knowing she had to do this.

"But we just got you back," Clary said.

"I know. That's why I want you to come with me." She said and me and Clary looked at each other shocked.

"Move to Idris?" I asked trying to clarify.

"I know it's a big change, but I could finally show you where you come from. And we'd have a fresh start Together." She said and I shook my head before looking at Clary.