Chapter 15 [1]

Written: February 2017                                              Edited: September 2020

Charlie's PoV:

"You don't regret it, do you?" I asked worriedly.

"Everything happened so fast, I didn't have time to think" I looked down.

"Oh," alec quickly grabbed my hands.

"But I don't regret a thing" I looked up a small smile making its way onto my face.

"I just want to make sure Lydia's okay" I nodded.

"We both owe her so much," I said as we walked up to her door, seeing it open and an unconscious Lydia on the floor. I ran over, shaking her lightly.

"Lydia? Can you hear me?" I knew it was a longshot, but worth a try. I sat on the floor, moving her head and resting her head on my legs. Alec ran out the door, asking a shocked shadowhunter to get help before he rushed back in and over to a safe near Lydia.

Fuck!" he shouted running his fingers through his hair.

"What's wrong?" I asked moving the hair out of Lydia's face.

"The cup it's gone"

After making sure Lydia was safely in the med-bay, we quickly made our way to the main control room, reviewing the security footage shocking all of us when we saw Hodge appear from Lydia's room, holding the cup.

"If Hodge has the cup then he's gonna give it to Valentine. All hell is going to break loose" I said and they all agreed.

"We need to find him quickly," Alec said grabbing my hand.

"Come on," he said while pulling me away.

"While Clary and Izzy are getting Camille we need to find Jace," he said and I nodded. 

"Alec!Charlie! Wait up" We both stopped, turning to see luke. As he walked up to us, I reached forward and he opened his arms welcoming the hug.

"We've found Hodge and we are bringing him in" I nodded.

"Thank you luke" he just nodded before he frowned.

"Any sign of Jace?" both alec and I shared a sad smile before shaking our heads.

"Valentine really messed with his head," I said. 

"What, at Renwick's? " he asked me and Alec both nodded.

"Seems like being my brother is just too much to handle," I said earning a scoff from alec.

"I thought we had settled it, but something's killing him inside. I don't know what it is." He said looking down.

" This is all too familiar. I saw a similar thing with Valentine 18 years ago." Luke said and I looked shocked. 

"Jace isn't Valentine," I said angrily, I knew that there could be a chance that valentine would have an influence, but I wasn't going to let that happen to Jace.

"Not yet," Luke said and Alec glared at him. 

"We gotta keep an eye on him that's all I'm saying," Luke said before turning around and walking away.

"Come on we need to go to Magnus's see if he can help," I said walking away, but stopping when I realised alec hadn't moved.

"Alec?" I walked back over, wrapping my hand in his.