Chapter 5 [1]

Written: September 2016                                               Edited: September 2020

Charlie's PoV : 

The plan had somewhat worked. We were able to infiltrate Hotel DuMort and we quickly burst into the room where we hoped Simon was being held.

"Jace!" Clary shouted. As we ran into the room, the vampires protecting Simon ran towards us.

"Clary watches out" I shouted throwing my seraph blade at the vampire heading for my sister, the blade embedding itself into the vampires back.

"Yo..you killed him," clary said her face full of shock.

"He was already dead clary, plus he wanted to kill you. I know this is difficult but this is your life now clary" I said before looking around for any more vampires. Once the coat was clear I walked over grabbing my seraph blade, jumping when a hand touched my shoulder. I turned to see alec.

"Nice shot" I just gave him a small smile before my head snapped in the direction of a scream.

We barged through the doors to see Simon huddled in a corner as more vampires ran towards us.

"Alec shoots that bit of wall over there" I shouted, as I kicked a vampire back before embedding my seraph blade into his chest. Alec looked at me confused but did what I said anyway. The arrow made a hole in the wall and sunlight suddenly came bursting in. Some vampires managed to make it out of the way of the light in time, cowering away but others weren't as lucky. We made sure the room was empty before I rushed over to Simon.

"Simon are you ok?" I asked as I checked him for any marks or bruises and I saw something I never wanted to see on my best friend.

"Guys we need to go" Jace called out. I grabbed Simon's hand, pulling him with me as we ran from the fast-approaching vampires.

As we ran, we bumped into Raphael who lead us to the exit. He ushered everyone out, hiding away from the sunlight that came streaming through. As everyone ran out the exit I quickly hugged Raphael.

"I missed you dork" he chuckled and I pulled back, the both of us smiling.

"I missed you too now go!" he pushed me towards the door.

"Stay safe!" I shouted, pulling the door shut behind me.

"When I turned around clary and Simon were hugging and it seemed to be endless. A sad smile made its way onto my face as I watched them.

"You had another life" I turned to face alec confused.

"What do you mean?" I asked walking over to his side as he watched clary and Simon.

"Well I mean you've lived two completely different lives, the one with clary where you pretended everything was normal and a life where you can be yourself and you have downworlder friends" I let out a small laugh.

"I guess you could call me Hannah Montana" I let out a snort as I said it but alec looked on confused.

"Who is Hannah Montana?" he asked and my jaw dropped in shock.

"No way!" I said after a minute

"What?" he asked confused at my reaction.

"I'm forcing you to watch Hannah Montana because there is no way you can go through life without seeing it" I heard him let out a small laugh and I smiled in achievement.

"Guys we are heading back" Jace shouted over, the both of us nodding and following the others. As we walked I tried to ignore the glances alec was giving me.

Night had reached the institute and as I walked out from my room the silence was a stark contrast from the usual busy hustle of the institute. I double-checked I had my seraph blade and stele as I headed towards the doors.