Chapter 47 [3]

Alec's PoV:

I only looked up, the feeling of my mom's hand in mine was comforting but the feeling, knowing I was going to die and after what I said to charlie; it was a mistake. Magnus quickly put his hands over the puncture in my chest. He looked confused, as soon as him magic had started it ended just as quickly.

"What's going on?" My mom said her grip tightening on my hand.

"You were fine" I looked at magnus my face scrunched in confusion. They both pulled me up off the floor and I quickly inspected my chest, and the wound was gone.

"There was protection spell on you, it's on all of us"

"Was it you?" I asked magnus and he shook his head.

"No the magic was familiar, it was cha" Magnus was cut off when there came a massive explosion coming from the top of the apartment building. The power of the blast sent us all flying back.

"Do you think they made it out" I heard Izzy say as her and luke ran over to us. I pulled Izzy into a hug, trying to examine if she'd been hurt.

We started walking back to the front of the apartment building and when we got there Jace and Simon were just walking out the front entrance. Both were looking at the floor and clary not being with them I knew something had gone wrong.

"Where's Clary?" Izzy asked but the look Simon and Jace gave, gave her the answer we all needed.

"Who is going to tell charlie?" I sighed.

"Um alec," Simon said quietly.

"Lillith took charlie as well" my head shot up to meet simons eyes.

Everyone looked at me shocked look on their faces. Nobody knew.

"It was my fault" Izzy stepped forward to protest.

"I was angry and selfish and I forced her away and its all my fault. I could have saved her" Jace stepped forward embracing me in a hug, we both lost the people that we loved. She's gone and the last thing I did was break her heart while she protected me.

"She saved us," Magnus said breaking the silence.

"Charlie put a protection spell on us, we are all alive because of her" he looked at me knowing if she hadn't done it I would be clinging on for life.

We all stood there for a while embracing each other, trying to provide comfort but I felt numb. I knew from the moment I said we were done that I'd fucked up.

A hand on my arm broke me out of my thoughts, I turned to look at my mom who was slowly guiding me towards the portal to the institute.

When I stepped through shadow hunters in the control room, watching on. The realisation of the situation soon hit them. I didn't know what to do or where to go, I wanted charlie's stuff, but I had no clue where she ended up.

"Alec" I turned suddenly to the voice of Simon.

"I need to tell you something" he pulled me away from everyone else.

"Charlie wanted me to tell you something she never got the chance to" my breathing became laboured as Simon dragged it out.

"Simon just tell me," I said raising my voice.

"She's pregnant"

"Was" he finished off. I shrank to the floor, catching the attention of everyone in the room. Izzy Jace, Magnus and my mom ran over.

"Alec, what's wrong?" I couldn't speak. It made no sense because she couldn't get pregnant but then I started to think about how she'd been acting recently; she was always being sick.