Chapter 45 [3]

Charlie's PoV:

I felt numb. Izzy took me to her room, leaving me alone while she and Magnus went to try and find Alec to calm him down.

I didn't know how long it had been until Clary ran into the room.

"Hey I heard what happened I'm so sorry" she hugged me and at first I struggled to respond but then I quickly turned to her, embracing the hug squeezing her tightly.

"I just can't believe he ended it like that, after all, you've been through" I nodded to her statement, not being able to find the words.

"I mean it's my fau" grabbed her arm tightly and she stopped.

"I'm pregnant" the words came out in a whisper but by the shocked look on clary's face, I knew she had heard.

She then engulfed in a hug once more and when she pulled back there was a bright smile on her face.

"That's great! I thought you couldn't get pregnant"

" I couldn't" she just looked at me confused.

"When Raziel brought me back he healed me and now I'm pregnant"

"Did you and alec not use protection?" I looked down.

"No we knew I couldn't get pregnant so it didn't matter to us"

"Are you going to tell him?" the tears started to well in my eyes as I thought about it. I was going to.

"I don't know"

"Charlie," she said sternly giving me a look which I knew too well

"clary I just lost the love of my life, he hates me you should have seen the look on his face when I told him. I don't think I can" my hands started shaking so clary clasped hers around them.

"Charlie you are going to have to tell him," she said calmly

"I know just give me time, okay, but you can't tell anyone"

"How did you find out?" I sighed

"Robbie told me" I winced as she pulled away and stood up.

Robbie? Why the hell are you speaking to him?"

"I thought it was Alec but when I turned up Robbie was there. Apparently valentine told him to protect me"

"Why would he do that?" I shook my head not knowing the answer myself.

"Look clary I'm gonna go to the apartment and pack my stuff"

"You want me to come with?" I shook my head.

"I got this" She hugged me one last time before heading to the control room.

I decided to walk to the apartment, hoping the fresh air would help me a little bit but the closer I got to the apartment building the worse the pain got. I looked up at the building sighing. We hadn't even been here long and now it was my fault. I ruin everything good I've ever had.

I pushed open the main doors and headed up to the apartment, but all that played in my mind was the first time I saw this place. Alec chasing me down the corridor. I wiped the tear that fell and when the elevator doors opened I walked towards the apartment.

We hadn't fully unpacked yet so grabbing my stuff was relatively easy. I walked around our room letting the tears fall as I picked up my favourite photo of me and Alec and put it in my bag. I packed one of my favourite jumpers of his, I needed a part of him.

As I headed out I looked around the apartment one more time and saw a notebook on the kitchen island. I decided to write a note to him:

Alec, I know what I did was wrong but I did it for you. Everything I do I always do it for you. When Jace died I didn't think about myself I thought about Jace, how Jace has so many more people that depend on him than me, I would've saved anyone. You were right, it should've been me. I promise you I will get Jace back and you can go back to how you were. I'm sorry.

I love you

Charlie

I read over the note one more time before heading out of the apartment. I couldn't go back to the institute. I couldn't go anywhere where alec would be so that even excludes Magnus's apartment. Then I thought back to the rooftop I used to use as target practice. The building was abandoned but it was a better place than any.

I opened a portal, dragging my stuff through. When I looked around I sighed. A fall from grace some would call it.

I started to move some stuff out of the way, coughing at the amount of dust that had emulated in this apartment. I managed to find an old brush and started to sweep the layers of dust and cobwebs. I then grabbed some of the blankets I brought and made a makeshift bed on the floor.

I used my magic to turn on the lights, I smiled lightly at my work. It was a shit place to be but I couldn't stand to see the look of disgust on Alec's face, nor could I face the pity of others.

I've basically spent half my life alone I think I can handle a few more years.

I went to go sit down in the bed and rest when I got message from Magnus. I shook my head, the power of the messaging startling me. He was in trouble. I quickly made a portal running though.

On the other side I ended up in Magnus's apartment, Alec and Izzy lay unconscious on the floor and Lillith had magnus pinned against the wall.

I felt a sudden surge of power and walked towards Lilith, aiming my hands at her before my magic threw her back against the wall.

She quickly recovered, standing up.

"Ah, the infamous Charlie Fairchild. I have to thank you for bringing Jace back" I shot her a look reading myself.

"You know it's ironic you saved his life only to kill him again" I shot my magic at her to which she blocked.

"Let him go Lillith take me instead, I'm stronger than him I have more to offer" I heard Magnus grunt in disapproval.

"It's tempting but I've grown quite fond of him" I hit her with my magic but she hit back, I strained against her power as our powers locked in the middle. I tried to push my magic as far it would go but she was stronger she pushed and broke the bond, slamming me back against the wall. She then ran for Jace, I tried to get up as quickly as I could to stop her but it was too late.

I looked over to see Alec, Izzy and Magnus all staring at me. When I at Alec he looked down. I sighed.

I opened a portal causing him to look back up.

"I'm sorry," I said before stepping through. I faced the peeling grey walls and my bed on the floor. I sunk down against the wall letting the tears fall my sobs echoing through the room.

Once I had calmed down my mind drifted to alec and my hand subconsciously went to my stomach.

I didn't know how to tell Alec. He can't even look at me so how am I supposed to tell him I'm carrying his child. I wiped my face of the tears before standing back up. Jace was the main priority I need to save him for the sake of Alec, I need to do it for everyone.