Chapter 64 [3]

Charlie's PoV:

Bodies surrounded the street, Jonathon stood in the middle his eyes black and a wicked smile on his face.

"You took your time," he said sarcastically as both clary and I raised our hands in the air.

"We are unarmed. We just want to talk to you. " I said as I stepped past one of the dead bodies.

" I knew you'd come eventually. It's kind of ironic, considering all those years when I needed you, you were never there," he said a smirk plastered on his face. 

"Well, we are here for you now," Clary said, the both of us put our arms down.

" Please just stop the killing," I said calmly walking forward.

 "Stay back, Charlie or I will end you, too. I mean it. " I took a step back, giving him a small smile.

"Jonathan, you Charlie and I, we've always been connected. When you were in Edom, crying out for me, we dreamt about you." Jonathon's eyes turned back to normal, as he looked at us shocked.

 "You dreamt of me? " Both clary and I nodded, taking slow steps towards him.

"And when we found out that we actually had a brother, I didn't feel so alone anymore. I never met you, but I felt like I actually had a family, after everything with losing our mom" I said reaching ,y hand out to him, but he moved further back.

 "And then you turned your back on that family. " I shook my head.

"We tried not to. We wanted to believe in you, Jonathan. We did. "Clary said from beside me, both of us shared a hopeful look.

"Ever since I was a little girl, you were my boy in the tower. The boy that I always wanted to save but I never thought I could. I guess I was right. " Clary nodding in agreement, both of us sharing the same dream.

"'Cause, Jonathan, you know just as much as I do that our family is our biggest source of heartbreak. But despite anything you've done and what we've been through, or how much we wanna fight it or wipe it away, we will always love you. Always." We finally reach Jonathon, my hand wrapped around his, while clary lifted hers up to his face.

 "I love you, too, Clary and charlie" We both pulled Jonathon in for a hug, I saw a clary pulled out her stele, my eyes widening but the look-see gave me, was what we had both been thinking. I watched as clary drew the rune on her hand, her hand grabbed onto mine and a bright light shone around us. Wings wrapped around Jonathan.

"Clary? Charlie! you're hurting me." I shushed him, gently rubbing his back.

" It's okay. " Clary said. 

"I can't breathe. " Tears fell as I felt the strain of Jonathon pain.

 "It's okay. It's okay. " I cooed as he started to slip down.

 "Let me go," he said, we laid Jonathan gently down.

"We are," I said as black veins built their way up onto Jonathon's face. As we laid him down, the veins disappeared and his bleach blonde hair turned back to its original red hair. I looked down at his peaceful state.

  "Ave atque vale. Goodbye, Jonathan." I said leaning down and placing a kiss on his forehead.

 "Goodbye Jonathon," Clary said, before rushing over to me. I pulled her into a tight hug, I could felt her tears on my shoulder as I looked down at Jonathon. When we pulled away I wiped the tears from her eyes.

Clary gave me a small smile before looking down, both of us gasping as one of her runes disappeared.

"No!" I whispered as I grabbed her arm.

"You should've let me do it," I said and she shook her head.

"You're about to get married and you're pregnant, you've got more to save than I do"

"How are we going to tell the others?" Clary shook her head.

"I don't know," she said, grabbing my hand and giving it a squeeze.

"As long as you're there with me" I nodded, pulling her in for another hug.

I made a portal with my magic, stepping through into the control room of the institute. 

Clary instantly rushed over to Jace, I smiled as I watched Jace hug her. I looked over to Alec who gave me a small smile, before he started walking towards me, picking up his pace as he got closer to me, quickly pulling me in for a hug. As soon as his arms wrapped around me I couldn't hold it in anymore and the tears spilt from my eyes as I let the sobs wrack over me. Alec rubbed my back slowly and which only made me hold onto him tighter.

"I love you," I said looking up at a blurry Alec.

"I love you so much" he said back, placing a small kiss on my lips.

"Come on lets get you cleaned up" he said, grabbing my hand and walking us slowly back to our room.

As soon as we reached our room, I collapsed to the floor. I heard the door shut behind me, before arms quickly wrapped around me.

"It's okay, you did it," he said kissing the back of my head.

"I just wish it could have been different" I whispered, turning to face him. He put his hands up to my face.

"I know baby, I know" I wrapped my arms around him, a small smile making its way onto my face as I looked up at alec realising that we were getting married in a few days.

Okay, guys so we've only got two chapters left of this book before the end. I know I haven't always loved writing this book, but recently after seeing all the love and support of you guys I've actually loved writing season 3. I'm going to miss this book.

Thank you for reading, love you guys.