Chapter 9 [1]

Written: January 2017                                    Edited: September 2020

While Alec was securing the fire exit me,clary and Simon waited for him when some guys pulled over told us we were under arrest and forced us into a car.  These people seemed somewhat familiar but I couldn't point out where I knew them from until we drove up to a Chinese restaurant by the docks.

"We didn't do anything wrong" Simon said.

"Simon shut up" I said earning a galre from him.

"I would listen to your lady friend and be quiet or you're gonna make this worse for yourself." One of them said.   

All of a sudden this guy came out talking to Alaric "Luke's calling". 

"Ignore it" Alaric said, but the man hesitated.

"That's an order." He barked and the man hurried off.

"Are you guys with Luke? Did he send you?" Clary asked.

"None of your business." He snapped.

"You're alaric right? You work with luke. Bet he's gonna be pissed when he finds out you've got us here" he scoffed.

"He doesn't know you're here" I laughed.

"Are you sure about that?" I asked and he just walked off.

I winked at clary as I slipped past one of the men and walking round the corner as I tried to find a way out, but someone grabbed me from behind throwing me against the wall, I stumbled as I tried to stand but the man walked over slamming my head into the wall.

I opened my eyes, groaning at the light and the loud screams coming from clary.

"Fucking hell my head" I said as my blurry vision started to clear.

"Don't you dare touch him" I heard clary shout and I looked to see the men dragging simon away.

I looked to see Alaric holding simon at the other end of the restaurant.

"Tell us where the cup is or your funny friend dies"one of the men said. Clary pleaded which caused the man to slap simon.

"We don't know where the cup is!" I shouted bringing attention to me.

"None of us do, simon is completely innocent let him go"

"Thats too bad. Get ride of him" Alaric said, the men obeying and dragging simon towards the back.

"Let go of me!" Simon shouted as he struggled.

"Let him go!" both clary and I shouted.

"Hey, let go of me!" Simone said struggling. While clary continued to shout at the men, I stopped realising that it wouldn't do anything.

"Why didn't you try and help you could have at least pleaded for help," she said glaring at me.

I turned to face her.

"The shouting wasn't doing anything, they were going to take simon either way, there's nothing we can do to prevent it screaming over here." I said. Clary was still annoyed I could tell but she gave me a curt nod. I closed my eyes as I struggled with the rope around my wrists, I couldn't do certain things as it would make it too obvious that I could do other things. I hoped alec was looking for us and was nearby.

"Fire!"the shout came out of nowhere but all the werewolves ran out of the building.

"I finally found you" A familiar voice came from behind us, the both of us turning to see luke undoing the rope.

"Stay away luke" I saw grabbing clary and pushing her behind me.

"Don't be afraid, I traced Alaric's car to the pier after he didn't return my calls. I'm here to help"

"Really? We heard you at the precinct luke. You told those demons that the last 18 years of your life were a lie" Clary shouted from behind me.

"Those were valentines people, I lied to protect you" I just looked at Luke.

"Charlie?" I smiled.

"I belive him" I said.

"What!" Clary exclaimed.

"You want the mortal cup just like everyone else" Clary shouted pushing past me. Suddenly the door burst open and in burst jace his weapon drawn.

"Alec I've got them" he shouted. I pushed clary towards him.

"Go with jace" I said as I walked over to luke but she pulled me away from him and towards the back where simon was, he was sat there unharmed.

"Here" I turned to see jace handing me a seraph blade and some daggers, which I quickly hid in the little compartments I had in my boots and clothes.

"My backpack. I think I left it at the loft." Clary said worriedly.   

"No, we've got it." Jace said walking out behind me with clary and Simon. I quickly ran out as a shout made me stop.

"Charlie!" Alec said running over to me and checking if I was okay. I grabbed his hand and squeezed it.

"Im fine Alec," I said. I could see Izzy smiling at me as alec stood to the side of me and I rolled my eyes, the moment was cut short when werewolves circled us.

"We're surrounded." Simon said. 

"Everyone, stay together."Alec shouted.  

"Everyone, get back, that's the alpha leader." I shouted. Then Luke stepped forward. 

"Jace, behind! He's challenging the alpha." I shouted at him, reaching forward and pulling him behind a garbage container with everyone else.

"Luke you don't have to do this" I shouted, but he just looked at me nodding.

"He's helping us!"I said even though I was greatful I knew the price he would pay. They broke out into a fight while Alec stayed close to my side. They disappeared for a few minutes as we waited in silence, until luke emerged bloody and weak.

"The alpha's dead." he shouted to all the wolves as I ran over, wrapping him arm around my shoulder as I helped him over to his car, luke's weight got later as alec rushed over to help.

"Oh, my God, Luke.What? What is it? What's happening?" Clary screamed.

"When a werewolf kills the alpha leader, he becomes the new alpha." I said placing him in the back seat.

"I promised your mother I'd always protect you." He said to us.

"And you have, so now it's our turn to help you" I said shutting the door once he was in.

"Guys take everyone back to the institute. His wounds are deep. Only a warlock's magic can cure an alpha's bite. So I have to get him to Magnus. I can do this by myself" I said but everyone shook their head. 

"We're coming with you," Alec said although I knew he didn't want to. I knew he wanted to report back to his mom. I gave him a sympathetic smile.

"Here, I'll drive." I said. Although they protested.

"I'm the one with a mundane license. Come on." I said before getting in the driver's seat. 

"Charlie" I heard Luke mumble

" Hey, we're getting you help, okay? Just, please, don't leave me again.I can't have anyone else die because of me."

"Because of us," Clary said and I looked at her through the mirror.

"Hold on Luke,"I said before putting my foot down.

"Where the hell did you learn to drive like this?" Alec shouted as I skidded round the corner.

"Used to race cars"

"Of course you did" he laughed as I putting my foot down harder on the gas.