Chapter 39 [3]

Charlie's PoV:

Clary walked down the aisle towards me as I stood with Imogen and the silent brothers. The clave had set up a ceremony for clary to finally become a proper shadow hunter and it was a celebration of valentines death.

I smiled as she recited the allegiance and as her rune was drawn on. Imogen then thanked clary for not using the wish of the angel but my smile faltered, a feeling of sickness washing over me. My eyes connected with Jace as if we felt the same thing.

Imogen thanked us once again then dismissed us, everyone piling into their own little groups. I smiled as Izzy rushed over to hug clary and Alec headed over to me placing a kiss on my lips. When he pulled away I stuck my bottom lip out. He started laughing me,

"you're such a child" 

"Eh you love me" 

"Yeah I guess I do," He said leaning in towards me again when a cough caused us to look in that direction. Izzy, Clary and Jace stood there with smirks on their faces. 

"Get married already, " Izzy said causing both me and Alec to laugh.

Imogen suddenly appeared behind clary, thanking her for not using the angels wish but Jace and clary looked at me.

I saw alec look between us from the corner of my eye before he grabbed my hand and pulled me away from everyone.

"Hey so could we maybe have dinner tonight or something I have important news" I nodded.

"Of course I'll be back soon I'm going to go visit magnus and then we can yeah?" He nodded and I quickly kissed him before walking around the corner where there was nobody around , drawing the run and teleporting to Magnus's apartment.

*

"Magnus?" I shouted as I walked around his apartment seeing no sight of him but the sound of something smashing caught my attention and I ran in the direction of the noise. When I entered the room magnus was picking up glass off the floor, he looked up when he noticed me.

"Charlie!"He stepped over the glass before engulfing me in a hug.

We spoke for about an hour, having a catch-up, he'd started with his clients again and he'd asked me how I had been since valentine and well things had been strange.

I used my life to save Jace's and here I am alive, because Clary used the angels wish to keep me alive, but ever since I'd felt off a constant sick feeling coming over me in waves at random points of the day. Alec's started worrying and my magic keeps fading. Some days I'll be strong and other days I have no magic at all, and Alec doesn't know because I don't want him to worry. The worst thing though is that Robbie is still out there and he's still alive.

*

Magnus teleported me back to the institute and I quickly made my way back to my room, getting ready to change to meet Alec, but when I opened the door he was putting pizza boxes on the bed. He hadn't noticed me yet so I snuck up behind him, wrapping my arms around his waist; laughing a little as I felt him jump.

"What's all this then?" I said looking at the movie he'd set up which was the shining.

"Well I know you recently you haven't been feeling too well so I thought I'd treat you," he said spinning around to face me.

We sat down on my bed and pressed play on the film, guzzling down the pizza and snacks that Alec had bought, and when the movie ended he grabbed my hand and I turned to face him.

"I've been offered a place on the council. A delegate under the new consul Jia Penhallow" 

"Oh my god alec thats amazing," I said pushing myself up and hugging him.

"I'm sure everyone's proud" he looked down at his hands, which I grabbed to comfort him.

"I haven't told anyone yet" I looked at him giving him a small smile.

"You'd have to move to Idris right?" I questioned he just nodded finally looking up.

"If I go I want you to come with me" my eyes widened.

"You don't have to and I'll give you time, I don't even know if I'll accept it first" I squeezed his hand.

"I'll go anywhere with you" a smile made its way onto his lips, both of us leaning in for a kiss; it didn't last long but it was reassurance for both of us.

*

"At first I thought it was purely mundane. You know the usual a woman's throat slashed and her husband missing. But then I noticed the black capillaries" I said pointing to the photos. 

Luke had called me to a crime scene early in the morning and upon inspection, there was nothing normal about this murder.

"Her attacker was possessed?" Izzy questioned and Luke answered before I could get a word in.

"Our attacker is Tim Dempsey, a pediatric nurse at st ambrose hospital" as soon as it was said we set out plans clary heading off with luke while the rest of us headed to the hospital.

*

I walked around the hospital after speaking with Catarina and found myself looking at the newborn babies, smiling as a tiny little boy rolled around.  

"Never took you for the maternal type" I spun around to see Jace stood there.

"I can dream," I said earning a sad smile from Jace.

"Well can't you use magic to heal yourself or you could have a surrogate" I frowned.

"magic could fix me but it comes at a cost and me and Alec already spoke about this, I just wish I could have a baby of my own" Jace nodded coming over to hug me.

We walked away from the kids, standing next to the front desk in time to see Izzy talking to a doctor, as she walked back over to us I wiggled my eyebrows as Jace asked,

"What took you so long?" a smirk on his face.

*

 Alec and I were currently playing pool, in a quiet little bar down an empty sidestreet and we had decided it's our new favourite spot.

"So have you decided about the council job?" He nodded taking his shot.

"Yeah, in the end, I want to do what makes both of us happy and I just want to be with you here, with our friends and family. I can't take you away from them" I smiled, running around the pool table to plant a kiss to his lips.

Alec's hands wrapped around my waist as we deepened the kiss. 

However, he then pulled away.

"Jace told me you were looking at babies earlier" his eyes bore into mine.

"I was just looking" 

"if you want a kid we can adopt" I nodded a sad smile on my lips.

"I know we can it's just the thought of me not being able to have our child. I'm sorry Alec" H shook his head.

"Woah Woah it's not your fault its robbies and remember, if we want kids I want to marry you first."

"There's an awful lot of marriage talk happening recently"

"Seems like everyone just wants it to happen," he said pulling in for a kiss, his thumb gently stroking over the scar on my stomach.

hey, guys so I thought I had mentioned before that charlie Infertile (meaning she can't have kids) but I forgot to mention it so thats why I updated chapter 18 so it would fit.

Thanks for reading and enjoy!

Love you guys.