Chapter 48 [3]

Charlie's PoV:

Clary tried to explain her plan to me something was wrong. It was screaming at me right in the face and I didn't know what it was. 

I saw her get prepped when Johnathon came through the door putting the firewood down and started talking about moving the apartment to Paris. Jonathon got closer to her and then it clicked.

"Clary wa" I was cut off when she stabbed Jonathon in the chin with the knife, affecting us both as well. As soon as it happened to Jonathon we followed soon after dropping the floor as we gasped for air, I moved my stele up to my healing rune. My pain stopped briefly before the others. When Clary started breathing normally then I calmed down a bit.

However Jonathon had gotten and the room started spinning, I grabbed onto a nearby pillar while Clary grabbed onto the chairs.

It was over quickly, Clary and I rushed the balcony doors.

"I thought we could use a change of setting," Jonothon said from behind us as we opened the doors to reveal Paris.

"I thought you'd be happy" I let out a sarcastic laugh.

"Paris is nice but being shackled to you isn't ideal" he nodded.

"How does this bond work?" Clary asked as Jonothon traced over his scar.

"If one of us gets hurt, the other does too"

"That appears to be the case."

 "It must be an effect of that rune Lilith used to resurrect you. " Clary said and I rolled my eyes at the obvious answer.

"Well, if we can't be enemies, perhaps we'll be allies. We never got a chance to know each other. And what better place than Paris? Home of Renoir, Matisse, Van Gogh and now... Morgenstern. You're a great artist, Clary and charlie you're a great musician. I admire that. I'm gonna go get us some food. How about I pick up some art supplies and maybe find some instruments, and you can show me how you work? 

"Jonathan, wait. " I shouted after him. Clary shot me a confused look as I just nodded. I knew what I was doing.

"Take us with you. If you really wanna get to know us, you can't t keep us locked up in here." Clary nodded as she caught on.

 "I'm afraid it's not that simple."

 "It seems simple enough. We hurt you, we hurt ourselves. And besides, we're all on the run from the Clave. It's not like we are gonna run away. " Clary stated and I gave her a wink causing a smile to light up her face.

"How can I be sure you're telling me the truth?"

"You can't. You're just gonna have to trust us. "

"Does that mean that you trust me?" I looked to clary before walking over to Jonathon and placing my hand on his arm.

 "I don't know. But... what you said about how things could have been different if our mom raised you and Valentine raised us, it... it made me think. Maybe we do owe you a chance." Jonathon smiled as clary came and stood next to him as well. 

"We are gonna need some disguises," he said smiling to me and clary before we headed into a room with a lot of unnecessary clothes.

"Take your pick," Jonothan said as Clary and I walked around browsing the clothes. Me and Clary changed behind a screen but Jonothan kept a constant eye on us which was creepy as hell.

Once we had finished we started to walk towards the exit but Jonathan grabbed our arms pulling us back.

"The costumes don't cut it," he said before going over my rune, making my hair long and pink.