Chapter 62 [3]

Charlie's PoV:

I looked between the way to the kitchens and the shouting I heard somewhere in the distance. I took one last look at the kitchen before running towards the shouting.

 I looked to shadowhunter who just pointed in the direction of the front entrance.

"So then what the hell is..." I rounded the corner to see Underhill pushing Luke back.

"Luke! " I smiled as I saw him, rushing over to push Underhill away.

"Hey. Underhill, it's okay. It's my dad." I said as he stepped back allowing me to hug luke.

 "Hi," he said smiling at the face I pulled when I realised he had runes.

"Luke, what happened?" I asked inspecting him.

" Well, the Praetor made me inject myself with the Downworld cure. But instead of becoming mundane, I became what I was before I turned."

 "A Shadowhunter. " I smiled as I saw how happy he was.

"Yeah." 

"Good news is, I'm back where I belong. Working beside you, helping mundanes and Downworlders alike.  " I grabbed his hand squeezing it.

"Luke, I can't believe it. "

" I know, right?"

"Look, I have to catch a Portal to Alicante for a debriefing, but I wanted to stop by just so you know that I'm okay. "

"You're better than okay. "

"Charlie because I'm in Alicante I'm gonna miss the wedding?" Mine smiled dropped.

"But you were meant to walk me down the aisle?" I said watching the sad look on Luke's face.

"Charlie I'm so sorry," he said pulling me in for another hug.

"Luke, it's okay. As much as I want you there to walk me down the sale, you've got a new start to life, who am I to stop you" He smiled placing a kiss on top of my head.

"I love you charlie. I'm just going to try and find your sister" he said before walking away. When he moved my eyes shifted to a ball of light behind him.

 "Luke, do you see that? " Luke turned to see where I was facing, turning back with a concerned face.

"See what? You okay?"

 "Yeah, I thought I saw... You know, it's nothing. Never mind. " I said playing it off as the ball of light started to move

"I'll catch up with you when I get back." I nodded as he walked away, and slowly stalked towards the ball of light

I rounded a corner, following the light; shadowhunters passed but none of them could see it. I stopped when I saw the ball of light go under the door, into the room where my mother died. 

I looked to my left, to see clary run towards the door.

"Clary!" She turned to look at me a confused look on her face.

"You see it too right?" She questioned and I nodded as we opened the door, shielding our eyes from the light until it started to dim down.

I moved my arm from my face and looked at the figure on the other side of the room.

"Mom?" Clary questioned running up to her and hugging her.

 "Hello, sweetheart," she said stroking clary's hair.

"Is that really you?" I asked as clary pulled away, mom nodded and I rushed over, hugging her tightly.

 "I am so proud of you, both. Of the women you've become," she said as I pulled away.

 "Mom, I miss you so much," Clary said and I nodded in agreement.

" I miss you, too. More than you know. But that's not why I'm here. Angel Raziel sent me."

 "Raziel? Why?" I asked.

" He believes that if you'll listen to anyone, it's me. Those thousands of years ago, he gave Jonathan Shadowhunter each of his angelic runes for a specific purpose. Clary and Charlie, the fact that you can create your own runes without Raziel's blessing... Well, he does not look kindly on that. " I looked to clary, both of us looking worried.

"But the runes we draw, Mom, they help people. " I said she smiled at me taking my hands in hers.

"They help Shadowhunters. That may be true, but you've been taking advantage of your gifts. You felt the angels' resistance, but you pushed through anyway. When you drew your Necromancy rune on Valentine, you broke a fundamental tenet. "The dead shall stay dead." And now, this Alliance rune, uniting Shadowhunters with demonic blood. And for Raziel, that was the last straw." Mom said looking at clary.

" I did it to save my friends' lives. " Clary said, moving over to me and grabbing my hand in hers.

"I understand. Clary, your compassion is one of the many great traits about you. But the angels, they see it differently. They perceive you as disrupting the natural order. " 

"So they sent you here just to scold us? " I scoffed.

"No. No. They sent me to tell you both not to draw another rune of your own ever again. "

"What?" Clary and I said in unison.

 "If you do, as quick as they gave you your gifts, they will take them away." Clary's grip on my hand got tighter. A quick flash of light caused me to take a step back, and once the flash had gone so had our mom. I turned to clary, pulling her in for a hug, her crying on my shoulder.

"We'll be okay" I whispered, stroking her hair as she cried.

Alec and I have been speed planning the wedding, which meant whoever was free needed to be planning wedding stuff.  I cut a large slice of cake, taking a seat. My mind wandered over the events of today, being able to see my mom and to touch her I just wish I could've spoken to her for longer. I want to ask her about pregnancy and children and marriage and I have no one.

"Bad day?" My eyes shot up to see Magnus stood in the kitchen doorway of alec and I's apartment.

I went to stand up, but magnus waved his hand at me, so I fell back against the chair.

"Half of the cakes are gone," he said laughing as he turned to me.

"Well I have to try them" 

"Yeah, the entire cake" I gave him a small smile.

"Blame it on the pregnancy cravings" he let out a laugh, snapping his fingers and a plate with a slice of cake on appeared in his hands.

"So why did you ask me here?"

"It's about the wedding"

"What's wrong has something happened?" 

"Luke is going to be in Alicante during the wedding, and he won't be able to walk me down the aisle" Magnus smiled as he knew what was coming.

"So Magnus bane will you walk me down the aisle?" He nodded, putting his plate down and pulling me in for a hug.

"I just hope you don't think that I'm using you as the second choice because if I could I would've had you and Luke walking me down," I said and he pulled away, holding me in place at arm's length.

"Charlie I know and it doesn't matter, I get to walk my best friend down the aisle" I kissed his cheek before my attention turned to the sudden ring of my phone. I rushed over to it.

"Hey alec" when I heard him sigh down the phone, I knew the news was bad.

"Charlie you need to get to the institute, there have been mass demon attacks" 

"Okay I'll be there in a minute" 

"What's wrong?" Magnus asked as I created a portal, taking my bag and plate with me.

"Jonathon," I said before stepping through the portal.