Chapter 12 [1]

Written: Feb 2017                                        Edited: September 2020

Charlie's PoV:

I smiled at Lydia as she passed, a lot of changes had come to the institute, Lydia being the most notable one. The next change was between me and alec. After the whole killing the demon that looked like alec and me kicking him out my room, well I created some tension between us and as soon as Lydia arrived it became considerably worse.
I walking into the training area, stopping dead in my tracks as I saw alec fighting this weird fleshy creature. I grabbed a blade off the rack, sprinting over to alec and slashing the demon and quickly dodging the attack that came with it. However as I turned to attack the creature I was sent flying into the wall, slamming into the weapons rack. The creature had pinned down alec and I knew I needed to move, so with a groan, I grabbed another seraph blade, running towards the creature and slamming the seraph blades into its back. The creature fell to the side, revealing a wide-eyed alec.

"Thanks," he said as I held a hand out, helping him up.

"What the hell was that?" I asked brushing myself off, grunting at the pain coming from my stomach and back.

"That was a forsaken and the fact that it got into the institute means that valentine is getting stronger" I sighed.

"I really wish he wasn't my dad," I said turning on my heel and making my way out the training room, a small smile on my face as I heard alec chuckle.

As I made my way back to the main control room, I saw Izzy talking to meliorn and not surprisingly Lydia was stood by his side.

"Meliorn? What are you doing here? " Izzy asked him. 

"The Clave called me in for some kind of conference." He said looking at Izzy in disgust.

" I'm so happy to see you," Izzy said a smile evident on her face.

"Spare me. Your fire message clearly stated you never wanted to see me again." He said and I watched on.

"My family" 

"Despises Downworlders? That's common knowledge." He said and I scoffed thinking back to Alec's mom.

"That's not true." She said,

 "And even if it were, I'm not like that." meliorn just shook his head.

" I'm not here to talk about us. I believe that's your Clave envoy," he said nudging his head in the direction of Lydia.

"Isabelle, please step aside," Lydia said and I stepped forward blocking meliorn.

"Meliorn, the Clave has ordered that you be placed under arrest," she said, my fists clenching. As soon as I had met Lydia I didn't like her and this situation was definitely not helping her case.

"What? " meliorn said just as shocked and me and Isabelle.

"What for? " I asked.

"Soliciting state secrets from a Shadowhunter on behalf of Valentine Morgenstern. Guards." She said as the guards grabbed meliorn's arms and started to drag him away.

"Have you lost your fucking mind?" I shouted her way trying to get to meliorn but guards held me back.

"Me? You're lucky you weren't arrested along with him. And same goes for you Isabelle" she said.