Chapter 11: My Mother's Work

What happened between Harry and Luna on the roof of the astronomy tower was a complete secret. So naturally the whole school knew.

Harry walked into the great hall and immediately heard the whispers from the students. He assumed they were discussing Luna's shocking revelation from yesterday as he took his usual spot at the Gryffindor table with Ron and Hermione. He realized that something was different, they weren't bickering. Instead they were staring at him.

"What?"

"Are the rumors true" Hermione asked an excited smile.

"Rumors?" Harry asked confused.

"That you banged OW I mean you and Loony OW I mean Luna uh... became a couple last night...In some way OW. Hermione stop stepping on my foot!"

Harry looked at them with surprise "Ho...How did you know?"

"So you did nail Lu...OW!"

"NO I DID NOT RON! GET YOUR HEAD OUT OF THE GUTTER!" Harry yelled, amused by Ron's reddening face.

Hermione however was absolutely beaming "You ARE a couple."

Harry laughed "Can't get nothing past you can I, but how the Hell do people already know."

Ron snorted. "Well no one knows for certain but Luna's been skipping around the school for the past two hours singing love songs. Everyone knows how she feels about you and after yesterday, her being in a great mood seemed unlikely...unless...well you know."

Harry smiled and looked over his shoulder to the Ravenclaw table. Luna was looking up at the sky with a bright smile on her face. Without looking she waved at Harry who waved back.

"I would love to discuss all this with you two but I have class in an hour..."

Harry felt something hit the back of his head. He turned around and saw Luna laughing as he picked the cupcake off the floor. There was a note stuck to it.

"What's wrong with owls?" Ron laughed as he took the cupcake from Harry who opened the small note.

Meeting with Head Mistress in 10 minutes BE THERE!

"Ronald please tell me you didn't just eat that cupcake."

"Luna I'm happy to meet with you but please don't ever throw cupcakes at me," The Headmistress scolded Luna as the three of them met in her office.

Luna didn't listen or waste any time and cut to the chase. Her voice was shockingly focused and determined. "First I would like to drop all my classes since I am certain that I cannot do wand magic anymore."

"Second I would like to remain at Hogwarts for the time being so I can start my own research. I'm going to be a squib again and I'm going to make sure I accomplish all I can before that happens."

"Third I hold no grudge with Michael Corner but his actions have been offensive not just to me but Muggleborns too. I can handle myself but a Head boy should set an example for the students and he just promotes prejudice. I feel it is in the best nature of the school that he be stripped of his position and it should be given to someone else who understands the consequences of hate. Fourth..."

"Luna please give me a second to process this all." The Headmistress interrupted while Harry was staring at Luna. Where the bloody hell did this Luna come from.

"First you are too late Luna. Michael has already been stripped of his Head boy duties for the very reason you mentioned. That attitude cannot be accepted at Hogwarts especially so soon after the war. In fact he is still in the hospital wing trying to regrow his hair."