Chapter 39: A Winter of Ice and Fire

Harry didn't know how long he had been wandering through the forest. He had waited all day in the rook but as the day grew darker Harry was forced to accept what he already knew. Luna was not coming back.

Harry was morose as he wandered down the Forest's path. He felt empty, like the little boy locked in the cupboard under the stairs those many years ago. For the first time in his young life, Harry was completely and utterly alone.

He wasn't sure how long he had been walking but in the dead of night, Harry saw light. Harry hardly batted an eye as he drifted towards it. It mattered not what waited for him. It wasn't until he emerged from the trees that he realized where he was and felt his heart swell in relief. Harry raced towards the crooked house as if a horde of Dementors were swooping down upon him.

Harry quickly knocked on the door and heard muffled voices on the other side. Harry knocked again and the door opened, "If this is the Totalitar, I still have no idea where my children are."

"No it's me, Harry."

The door opened and Mr. Weasley stepped out. "Harry! What are you doing here? Where's Luna?"

Harry flinched at the question and quickly asked. "Can I please come in?"

"What? Oh, of course Harry." Mr. Weasley stepped aside and pulled Harry into the house. "Welcome back to the burrow Harry. MOLLY, HARRY'S HERE! "

Harry was pulled into the kitchen where Mrs Weasley tried to break his back with a hug. "Harry it's so good to see you. Where's Luna?"

Harry's gaze dropped to his shoes. "She's not with me, is anyone else here? Ron? Hermione? Hell, what about Ginny?"

"Percy's here." Mrs. Weasley replied but Harry couldn't help but frown, never really liking the Weasleys middle child. Even Mrs. Weasley knew that, though she never commented on it.

Mr. Weasley suddenly frowned. "How do we know you aren't a Totalitar in disguise?"

Harry thought for a minute then said. "When we first met you asked me what the function of a rubber duck was."

Mr. Weasley smiled. "Good enough for me. Let's take you to Percy."

"But..." Harry started as Mr. Weasley started dragging him through the house and up the twisting stairs. "Not to be rude or anything but I really don't want to talk to Percy."

"Oh I know that Harry, I was just taking you to his room." Mr. Weasley replied with an excited grin.

"Uh What?" Harry asked wearily.

Mr. Weasley stopped at Percy's room and waved his wand at the door. Then he gestured at Harry to open the door. Harry hesitantly opened the door and found himself staring at a black veil.

"In you go." Mr. Weasley grunted as he pushed Harry through the veil.

Harry yelled in protest but soon was falling into the void of darkness. Harry felt weightless yet knew he was falling. He could feel nothing and everything. Harry could hear nothing but the sound of his heart racing.

Harry suddenly hit the ground and sound seemed to explode around him. The sound of a gravelly, croaking voice seemed to attack Harry with ferocity. Harry felt something poke against his back, forcing him to the floor. "Stay still Wizzy."

"Let him go, it's Harry Potter!" Mr. Weasley shouted as he landed beside Harry. The Goblin removed his spear from Harry's back and stepped on him instead. The spear was now under Mr. Weaslys throat.

The Goblin growled. "Silence blood head, or your head won't be all that's red."

"You utter one more word in my presence, I will remove your head and make it red." Said a familiar voice