Chapter 19: A Loony of the People

"Her magical core has been severely drained but it was not permanent. In fact it should only take a couple of hours before Luna continues breaking the fundamental laws of magic. I gave her a quick once over and some calming potions, but she refused the dreamless sleepers for some reason." Madam Pomfery was interrupted from her report by a deep authoritative voice.

"Where is she now?" The minister asked.

Filius replied "I believe she is with Potter, recovering from having one of her closest friends try to kill her. Then watching him die the way he did, along with her enemy who was trying to help her...in a way."

"We all saw what happened in the Pensieve," said the Headmistress. "I believe that concludes the interviews for today. We will have Miss Lovegood and Professor Potter contact you some time in the following week."

Kingsley nodded in deep thought. He looked around at the other professors in this hastily assembled meeting and wondered how to proceed. It had been quite the day for him and the Ministry. After the Hogsmeade investigation, he had to attend to previous reports of a break in the Department of Mysteries. The Department had been trying to conceal the evidence that the break in ever took place. Of course even the Department of Mysteries only has so much secrecy over the Minister, who quickly found out and made sure to reprimand those responsible. Even worse was finding out exactly what was stolen. Files on Pandora Lovegood. Of course, Madam Pomfery insisted that Luna was still recovering in the Hospital wing during the theft but with that girl who knows...

Then there was the incident that had him here at Hogwarts. Two students had killed each other, in front of the entire school. The Aurors were still cleaning up the remains. The first thing he had done when he entered the meeting was to demand that students learn the consequences of colliding spells, especially two reducto's. Most shocking however was what he saw in the pensive. Luna had used her powers to stop the explosion. He was aware of Luna being a magic using squib but this was something else entirely.

"Actually Headmistress I feel it would be for the best if the Aurors stayed at Hogwarts for the time being." Kingsley said, earning looks from the Hogwarts staff. "In the span of two days, there have been two attempts on Miss Lovegood's life and three student deaths! I believe that there should be an Auror guard on permanent reserve at Hogwarts"

"But Minister..."

"No buts Minerva, This cannot be tolerated. It hasn't even been a year since the Carrows were terrorizing Hogwarts and the final battle with You Know Who was fought on school grounds. This cannot be accepted. Over the years there have been Dementor's, Dragon's, Death eaters, there's a killer tree on Hogwarts grounds, and a chamber built specifically to hold a bloody Basilisk. It cannot be denied any longer, HOGWARTS IS NOT SAFE!"

The room was silenced as the Minister continued. "The Ministry has for the most part allowed Hogwarts free reign. That shall no longer be the case. I will have Aurors on constant post here for security purposes. They will be here to help enforce rules and prevent deaths. You cannot deny the good this will do. Imagine how the battle would have gone if Aurors were already stationed here waiting to stop the Dark Lords forces. Now understand that the Ministry's presence will not at all be like Umbridge's reign, which was disgraceful in the best situations. The Ministry will only ensure safety among the students. I am also putting an end to incompetent teachers, as I've gone on to understand the only DADA teacher that did not try to kill or cause serious harm to Mr. Potter was Snape.

Sprout raised her hand. "What about Lupin he was a great..."

"He was a Werewolf as well! He tried to kill Potter during the full moon because he was not responsible enough to take his Wolfsbane potion that night. He was my friend during the war but he still deserved to be sacked for that incompetence. I feel the same way about most of you here as well"