Chapter 51: A Lesson in Latin

Hermione's face was well hidden behind the guard that escorted her through the Ministry Auditorium. Yet her eyes did little to hide the turmoil in her heart. She saw the eyes of strangers, some belonged to former friends and colleagues. Outside of the LLR and the closest of friends, she trusted nobody and they might be possessed.

Hermione looked over to Ron, who looked over to her as he finished speaking to Ginny before heading towards them. Hermione stared into Ron's eyes as he walked over, before nodding to herself, seeing no sign of possession in her love's eyes. Ron spoke when he reached them, gazing at the gun not so subtly aimed at his head. "So where are you off to in such a hurry."

Hermione noticed the nervous guard and pulled Ron to the side, out of the guns aim. "If you must know I have a meeting with-"

"MAGIC IS MIGHT!"

Hermione had always read when you were about to die time slows down and your life flashes before your eyes. That was a lie, everything happens really fast. Hermione didn't realize the curse had missed her until the ground beneath her exploded and sent her flying across the room. the Guard beside her dropped to the floor. Suddenly a Reducto hit the floor and Hermione was sent flying across the room.

Hermione looked up and saw the fear in her guard's empty eyes, fear he no longer felt. Hermione ducked back down as explosions and gunfire filled the room.

Hermione rose to her hands and knees and saw the attackers weren't Totalitar, Goblin or Muggles, but regular Wizards with faces painted red. The Man charged screaming.

MAGIC IS MIGHT!

MAGIC IS MIGHT!

Hermione drew her wand fast but the bullets flew faster, tearing through her attacker and leaving him a bloody mess, dead on the Ministry floor. Hermione rose to her feet and saw other Wizards attacking the Ministry. Then Hermione's heart caught in her throat as she saw Ron lying on the floor holding a mangled arm and ran to him.

She was in the process of stabilizing Ron's broken arm, when the Goblins burst onto the scene.

MAGIC IS MIGHT!

MAGIC IS MIGHT!

MAGIC IS MIGH-

-GRANGER!

Hermione snapped to attention as she looked at the people around the table. "Sorry I just..."

"You need rest."

"I don't have time to rest I want to know what the Bloody Hell is Going on." Hermione snapped irritably. We are on the verge of global warfare. Can it not be stopped?" The Minister of Magic asked anxiously as she looked around the table.

The Queen uttered softly. "I'm afraid the power in England belongs to neither us Royalty or the Prime Minister. It is the Master's of war which run the country now, and as long as they profit from it, there will be a war."

The Minister slammed her hand on the table and shouted. "What profit can be found in Armageddon?!"

"When you are the last person on earth, you don't have to share." The Minister looked to the other figure at the table who continued with a growled. "Half of the Goblin force is roaming the country, ambushing villages. The Totalitar have become an organization of terror. This is not just a war that cannot be prevented, it is inevitable. Country against country, people against people. Everyone is fighting this war and all sides have been split in two."

The Minister looked between the other two leaders and hissed."We cannot just sit back and let a world war breakout. A world war which will eclipse the first two world wars!? We are talking about the end off modern civilization. I refuse to let this happen."