Chapter 41: The Dead Do Tell Tales

I split this chapter into two parts do to its size. Posting tonight to celebrate the Superbowl

Great win for the Falcons

Patriots won

NO FALCONS WON THEY SLAUGHTERED BRADY

ARE YOU HIGH?! PATRIOTS ARE GODS

THEY LOST AND DEFLATE BALLS

YOU BRINGING THAT UP AGAIN? LET IT GO.

Can we at least agree that she is the Queen of the Nargles.

Agreed

Agreed

HAIL LADY GAGA, THE NARGLE QUEEN

...

Nargles out.

It was night and the streets were dark and baron. When the sun set everyone stayed inside, not daring to venture out doors with Totalitar patrolling the streets. The last few days had been hell for the village. The riot had cause the Minister to put the village on notice, installing a curfew and having Totalitar search every house, daily for anything forbidden under her rule. Arrests were common, disappearances even more so. Even George Weasley had to move shop.

Yet one old man remained, he was too old to participate in war. He would help in the ways he was able to but joining the LLR would help no one. He sat quietly in the Hogshead pouring himself a mug of tea, "Sure you don't want any tea."

"No" a voice replied causing the old man to shrug. "Fine, more for me, though to tell you the truth I've laced this with enough Firewisky that I probably shouldn't be calling it tea anymore,"

The Mug floated out of the old man's hand and into the grasp of a young Wizard. "Well when you put it that way..."

The old man grumbled. "You young people are all the same. I remember when he was a student, Albus would lace his Lemon drops with alcohol. Got the entire school hammered, including the professors."

Aberforth roared with laughter as he banged his hand on the table. Harry didn't laugh, his mind far away. The old man looked at Harry with concern. "When will you be leaving?"

"Soon." Harry uttered. "I need to do this properly. In and out, without being spotted."

Aberforth shook his head. "They have wards all over Hogsmeade, if you step one foot outside they will find you. Plus they have ways of seeing past them cloaks. No mere invisibility cloak will help you past the Totalitar."

Harry nodded. "True but this is no mere Invisibility cloak."

The barkeep coughed with frustration before he grunted. "He wouldn't approve you know."

Harry sighed as he slid his drink away from him. "Maybe he would, Maybe not. Your brother's dead Abeforth. I have to make my own choices, not what Dumbledore wanted."

Abeforth shrugged as he looked at the clock. "Then I shall wish you best of luck and hope you know what you are doing...for all of our sake."

"I hope so too." Harry quipped dryly before rising out of his seat. "Thanks Abe. If I survive this, I'll get you another bloody goat."

Harry vanished under his cloak and popped into the streets as Abeforth shouted. "You can take your goat and shove it up your backside, HORN FIRST!...And don't call me ABE!"

Abeforth muttered to himself as he went to bed. "Goats are cool, don't care what anyone says. "

Harry's words proved true, the no wards were set off, and no Totalitar spotted him from under his cloak. Still Harry was nearly caught when a Totalitar noticed his footprints in the snow. Harry was able to circle behind the guard and send him away with a powered confundus charm.