Chapter 22: PANDORA!

It was two minutes to midnight and all through the castle. Not a creature was stirring. Not even a Nargle. Luna Lovegood sat silently in Potter's quarters, counting the seconds. Luna wanted to wait until midnight to activate the Resurrection stone. She said it was the most magical time to do so. It would be Midnight, Devil's night and Halloween at once. Harry had agreed to wait a couple hours but he wasn't fooled. He knew Luna was delaying the inevitable.

It was one minute to midnight and the bell was about to welcome Halloween to the castle. Luna was now on the verge of a full blown panic attack. Not even meditation could no longer control her beating heart. Luna started to squeeze Harry's hand as she whispered. "I can't do this Harry."

"It's not can't, but won't." Harry said, "You can and will do this Luna."

At that moment the hand struck midnight, for Luna it struck too soon. The Bell rang throughout the castle causing Luna to squeak and try to flee. "I'm sorry you can still talk to her just let me know if she says something of use..."

"Luna do you trust me?" Harry asked gently.

Luna froze as she faced him. "Of course Harry, I trust you with my life."

Harry took her hand with both of his. "Then trust me on this. You need to face her Luna. You need to say goodbye. You need to let her go."

Luna bit her lip nervously before she whimpered. "I'm scared."

Harry removed his hands revealing the Resurrection stone between her fingers. "If you don't speak to her now, you will regret it for the rest of your life."

Luna held up the stone and slowly nodded with new found determination. "Mother always said to live in the moment."

Luna turned the stone three time before she spoke with a confident but shaky voice. "I Luna Puer Lovegood, Summon Pandora Luna Lovegood née Mator from the stone."

The Stone lit up brighter than a thousand suns as a feint humming sound could be heard. Luna rushed into Harry's arms while the humming grew louder and higher in pitch. Soon it was deafening as it forced Harry and Luna to cover their ears. Just when they thought the room couldn't be brighter or louder...

...

...

...

Silence and darkness claimed the room once more.

After the ringing in their ears settled down Harry realized the humming had turned into a woman's humming. A cheerful memory coming from her soft voice. He opened his eyes and saw a stunning sight.

There she was Pandora, in the Flesh

...well not flesh really.

She was transparent and covered in a feint glow but that aside she looked as she had in life. The Witch looked incredibly similar to Luna. If it weren't for Luna, Harry would've called the ghostly women before him the most beautiful he had ever seen. Her hair was as golden as her skin, while her eyes shone like the sun. Pandora for lack of a better word, looked like an angel.

"To be or not to be that is the question,"

She whispered with a soft voice.

"I'm not sure I know the answer.

I feel...neither life...nor death...just consciousness."

Pandora looked around the room in silent contemplation. She looked to her floating feet and smiled.