Chapter 43: Hogwarts: A Requiem

Features Lyrics from a song by Simon and Garfunkel called the Boxer...enjoy...or don't...more still to come and Hopping Mad should have a Chapter up soon though it will not be the stories finally like I planned...Please Like, Follow and leave plenty of Reviews...and I know I'm late but...

Happy Valentines Day!

Harry ran through snow as if his life depended on it, the words of Pandora still in his mind. The image of the burning castle she had carved into the wall of her lab, flashed in his mind as he looked up at the place that had been his home for 7 years of his life. Hogwarts was bathed in the light of the rising sun.

Harry had almost reached the doors when he felt a surge of power over him. Harry could feel the wards begin to lower, but knew he was the only one. The power of the Deathly Hallows had made him more sensitive to the magic around him. Harry cursed under his breath before looking back to the door, and aimed his wand at the two Totalitar guarding the fortress.

The Guards stepped aside as the doors opened. Students marched out of the Castle as if they were soldiers, though none seemed too happy about it. More Totalitar led them on the pathway to the gates and off Hogwarts grounds. Harry threw on his Invisibility cloak and slid through the Hogwarts doors as they shut behind him. Inside the Entrance hall, Hundreds of Students were being marched into the Great Hall. Harry followed them into the great hall and gasped.

The Hall was surrounded by Totalitar who searched the crowd for any inappropriate behavior. The students kept their eyes down, as if glancing up would insight the faceless guards wrath. Hanging above them were banners but instead of showing the Hogwarts houses, they showed the image of Minister Grimhilde, who's eyes moved as they looked over the students. The Professors sat om the other side of the Great Hall and looked on helplessly. Harry couldn't help but think they were as much prisoners as the Students. Most disturbing of all, the room was as silent as death.

As the last of the students took their seat, three Totalitar rose and aimed their wands at the bewitched ceiling. The red sky swirled before the image of Minister Jane Grimhilde appeared. To Harry's surprise the image spoke. "Hello children, let us all recite the three decrees to a productive and sufficient education, number 1."

"Don't ask questions." The Students recited, all of them continuing to look down. Harry felt his stomach curl as he was reminded of the Dursleys.

Grimhilde smiled as she seemed to look behind her. "Number two."

"Do not speak unless spoken to by a Superior. Otherwise remain silent at all times." The students spoke solemnly. Harry had a feeling they weren't meant to look up at the image of Grimhilde, it was only there for her to look at the students and let them know she was watching. The Minister uttered. "Number three."

"Stride for the approved level of progress." The students parroted.

The Minister smiled. "Yes good for you, this is the most important rule of all. For working together to maintain a consistent level of development allows for a balanced and peaceful society. Now them, as you did not return your permission slips you are at this time unable to visit the Ministry."

"We weren't given a permission slip, only the Purebloods were!" One of the younger students complained as he looked up, only to receive a stunning hex from one of the Totalitar.

"SILENCE!" Grimhilde commanded before continuing sweetly. "I will ask you all to remember and obey the rules. I will not tolerate disobedience. As I was saying you are not going to the Ministry today, however we will instead be giving you a demonstration on how obedience from a peaceful subservient class can lead to a vital and lawful society we must all stride for. We shall show that for the evolution and preservation of the Wizarding world and the ideals we hold dear, we must not tolerate inferiority. For the tree to grow we must prune the weeds from our mist... I must ask you to remain seated while we wait for the demonstration to take place. Until then please open you manuals to page three hundred and ninety...five."