Chapter 13: The Secrets in the Pudding

Luna sat alone in the Library that night working tirelessly on her research. To her growing frustration she had found nothing of use to her in any of the books she read. Luna was starting to think the information wouldn't be found so easily. If only her mother had left notes for her to study, then she wouldn't have to start from scratch. The normally reserved Ravenclaw sent the book across the room in a rare fit of anger.

"You OK Luna?"

Luna didn't have to look up see Harry enter the Library. "I killed her Harry..."

Harry sat beside her "You didn't kill her Luna you just stopped her pain. She was already dead."

"That's not what I mean," Luna hummed sadly. "She died trying to help me. If it wasn't for me she would still be alive."

"Skeeter died trying to help herself. You just benefited from her help," Harry replied "She still didn't deserve what happened to her."

"I don't want to hurt anybody. I just want to help people I can't even do that. I can't get this research done by myself, I need my mother's help. If only she left notes of some kind," Luna sighed.

"You mean she didn't?" Harry asked surprised.

"My mother had no need for notes. She had perfect memory and all the information stayed in her head...She really was brilliant. I miss her more than ever," Luna said as she hugged Harry. He let her rest her head on his shoulder as her mind drifted off. He had the feeling that if she could, she would have passed out from exhaustion ages ago.

"Luna you have been working nonstop for weeks. I know you can't sleep but you still need to rest."

I know, tomorrow the students are going to Hogsmeade for the day. How about you take a break from your work and I take you for a fun day around the village," Harry proposed, proud of his idea. So he wasn't sure why Luna was giving him that fumy look.

"You mean...like a date?" Luna asked causing Harry to blush.

"Umm yeah I guess. We haven't gone on an actual date yet have we?" Harry muttered nervously as Luna's face broke into a grin.

"I've never been on a date before...should be fun," Luna said excitedly before hugging Harry again, this time kissing him on the cheek before skipping out of the room.

"That's one strange girl you got yourself Potter."

Harry nearly fell out of his chair as the deep voice spoke through the darkness of the library. The Wizard revealed himself, a lumos spell, and Harry saw his old friend...The Minister Himself.

"What do I owe the pleasure Kingsley?" Harry asked happily. He knew he could trust the minister with his life...but Luna's...

Suddenly Harry felt even warier of the man. He was the Minister of Magic himself and friend or not he was just visiting him? Now of all times?

Well I'm not supposed to be here but after that story the Daily Profit put out...feel now is a good a time as any to discuss Luna Lovego..."

At the mention of her name Harry pulled out his wand to disarm the Minister but the ex Auror was faster and sent Harry's wand across the room.

"That was a close one Harry, you nearly got it. Don't worry I'm not upset you don't trust me. I'm glad because you can't trust me or anyone for that matter," Kingsley spoke in his deep voice.

"What do you want with Luna SIR?" Harry practically growled.

"I don't want a thing from the poor girl. I am here to tell you that I am not your enemy as the girl seems to think. The Ministry is not out to hurt the girl but to help her...and you as well for that matter," The Minister spoke.