Chapter 30: The Moon Mother's Madness

This story is now over 100 000 words...didn't see that coming!

Shut up Marvolo I want to read your stupid story.

"Harry James Potter, you test my patience."

These where the foreboding words Harry woke up to. The young Wizard quickly grabbed for his wand and rose to his feet...at least he tried to, as he found himself standing right at the edge of a strange, smooth cliff. He cussed as he lunged backwards. Harry paused as he could only feel the front half of his feet standing on solid ground. Harry looked behind him and nearly lost his balance at the sight of more cliff.

As Harry steadied himself he realized where he was, however, this gave him little comfort. He was standing over 700 feet above the cruel hard ground on the very top of the tower of Xanadu. What was worse in his opinion was the laughing specter floating in front of him.

"Harry James Potter, you have yet to successfully cast the spell, Imaginatio Potestatem in my presence. It has been over a week since Luna successfully cast the charm, yet you still fail."

Harry grumbled "A week? I thought it was a month!"

"I thought it was a year!" A voice shouted from a distance.

Harry looked over the edge of the tower to see Luna looking up from the ground. "Hi Luna."

Luna waved, and though Harry couldn't see it, he was certain she was smiling. "What are you doing up there?"

"No clue!" Harry yelled down before rounding on Nickolas Flamel. "Why in Merlin's name am I up here?"

The Spirit's eyes gleamed with mischief. "You are too focused on your mind while letting your thoughts and feelings consume you. You work best when you rely on your instincts. Which is how you were able to cast the spell when the Hogwarts Astronomy tower exploded."

"Wait...you're not going to..."

Flamel laughed. "Of course not! I am not going to blow up my tower!"

Harry breathed a sigh of relief. "Ok good...so why..."

"You see Harry, I can recreate the same scenario by doing this." Flamel finished by shoving Harry off the tower.

"SHIT!"

Harry saw the ground rush towards him at an alarming rate. Harry searched his robes for his wand, only to remember he didn't have it on him. "Great just great." Harry thought to himself. "I defeat Voldemort only to be killed by some demented spirit."

"I heard that!"

"Harry!" Luna cried out. "Use the spell!"

Harry didn't think twice, he just reacted and yelled out the Magic Words. "Imaginatio Potestatem!"

Harry blinked and he simply stopped. He didn't feel himself stop or even start to stop, it just simply happened. Harry looked down and saw Luna grinning at him. He smiled back despite the alarming realization that he was only twenty feet from the ground.

"Congratulations Harry, Finite!" Flamel uttered with a wave of his transparent hands.

Everything suddenly unfroze and Harry continued his decent as if he had never stopped. Before he could react Harry hit the ground...the soft ground that had him bouncing like he was on a trampoline.

Luna and Flamel laughed as Harry glared at him, the effect of his glare was nullified by the fact that he was still bouncing of the earth like a grumpy child.

"You're both a bunch of wankers." Harry snapped only ensuring more laughter.

"I haven't laughed this hard in a very long time." The Spirit muttered. "I must admit, I have truly come to enjoy your company. I will indeed miss you now your time has come to depart from my world."