Chapter 18: Eye for an Eye

"An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind." - Mahatma Gandhi

"It was you! Why?" Luna whispered.

Luna felt her world turning upside down. It was Draco who tried to kill her. It was Draco who killed Pansy. It was Draco, the boy who helped her while she was held captive by death eaters. It was Draco, who had changed so much. Who was now a scared, stuttering, shadow of his former self. Only now did she recognize his changes for what they truly where...Madness.

"I..I tried to change I really d..did Luna!...I'm sorry...I..I...I love you." Draco muttered.

"Then why try to kill me Draco?" Luna hummed sorrowfully. "You where my friend. I loved you too."

Draco's eyes darkened while he stuttered. "As your friend, as your house elf. You d..don't care for me the way you do for Potter! Y..you should be mine, Luna. You b..belong to me not him! You t...took everything from me P..Potter. My Family, My Fortune, M..My Future, My...My Freedom, I have nothing!

Draco voice focused as his anger began to rise. "I was living in the kitchen, lower than a house elf. Then you came and saved me, Luna. You gave me my life back and I was free. Only I was forced to see you with my enemy. You're mine Luna, not his, MINE!

Draco banged his fist on the table while he reached for his wand. "A Malfoy gets what he wants. Of course I wanted to kill P...Potter too, but he wouldn't eat his food. It was you I wanted dead Luna. I would rather see you dead than in the hands of the man who ruined my life. After you are both dead I will continue to fulfill my vow to you. I will fight hate and prejudice while you two will live on as martyrs, victims of bigots."

"You're mad! You're still mad!" Ron spoke loudly.

Draco's voice was barley a whisper. "Living with Voldemort can do that to a guy. He also taught me this neat trick, Imperio."

Ron's eyes glazed over and he pulled his wand on Hermione. "Imperio."

Hermione and Ron aimed their wands at each other. Draco hissed a whisper, "I'm in charge now Luna. This is the way it was meant to be. Now you two are coming with me where can solve this quietly. If you use your powers Luna, I swear I will have them kill each other before you can say, "oops."

Harry kept his wand aimed at Malfoy from under the table, his gaze never left Malfoy's. "You haven't changed. You think you're a good person because Luna gave you a second chance, but I know what you are. You're a coward, a ferret, you are hopeless Malfoy!"

"Potter, one more word from you and I will kill you all on the spot. To hell with consequences. You have no idea how long I have waited for this moment," Malfoy hissed.

Luna eyes bore into Malfoy's. "You sir, are a Death eater."

Malfoy flinched. "I am not a Death eater!"

"What's going on?" a voice from the staff table yelled.

Luna seemed to be glowing red "Yes you are, and you're also a control freak. You think you can control people to do your dirty work for you, but you made one mistake."

Ron and Hermione doped their wands and covered their eyes along with the rest of the great hall. Only Luna and Draco seemed to be able to see through the blinding, burning, light that filled the hall.

Luna's voice was unworldly as she spoke "You over estimate your control Draco Malfoy, I have been gifted by my Moon Mother. I have been blessed by the Children of the Wise. You have no power Draco Malfoy, I am in control here."

Malfoy seemed to realize this as he cowered under Luna's wrath. This was not the girl they once knew. This was something else, something human, something inhuman, something dangerous!