Chapter 20: Regret

The first thing the students of Hogwarts noticed that Monday morning, was the presence of Aurors positioned throughout the halls. They wore white uniforms with hoods that hid their faces. Their presence cast a dark mood over the castle as the students made their way to the great hall. It was there that the Headmistress spoke to the students.

"These Aurors are here for the sole purpose of keeping you safe. Do not fear them, they are on your side. We also have some new rules. Any action from students or professors that may cause someone to be harmed will be halted by the Aurors. Do not test them. They are trained to fight dark wizards, they can handle foolish students."

The Auror's also quickly gained a reputation for never moving a muscle while on duty. Muggle born students compared them to the Royal guard and began posing with them. Some of the braver students started harassing them with minor spells, causing loads of laughs. The laughter stopped however when the first fight of the day broke out.

"What is the meaning of this?" Filius yelled in a voice larger than his body as he approached the scene outside his class.

The Auror pointed to the two unconscious students. "Students 286 insulted patient X causing student 745 to attack with spell 34..."

"STOP THAT MINISTRY RUBBISH!" Filius yelled pulling his hair. "Please speak English."

"Sir?"

"ENGLISH! YOU KNOW WHAT ENGLISH IS YOU EMPTY HEADED WIND UP TOYS!" Filius screamed.

The Auror stuttered in the presence of the small half goblin. "W...well this boy...I think his name is Blaise Zabini. Well he insulted the Squib girl..."

"Luna Lovegood, you know her name please use it." Filius hissed.

"As I was saying he insulted her causing this girl Hannah Abbot to use a bat bogey hex on him. I responded by incapacitating her. Blaise responded by trying to hex me so I incapacitated him too, Sir."

"And pray I ask, how you incapacitated my students?" Filius asked calmly.

"I stunned them sir."

"WHAT!" Filius screamed, "You stunned my students!"

"It's protocol."

"Protocol my Goblin ass. They're students not criminals." Filius squealed.

"It's just a stunning spell." The Auror unwisely said.

Filius immediately whipped out his wand and the Auror fell to the ground. "See how you like it then, Venerate!"

The two students woke up to Filius squealing, "No fighting in the halls, detention this Friday night at eight. That is how you punish students, you don't stun them. Excessive force is what it is."

After that no one messed with the Aurors or Professor Flitwick.

Harry was already struggling not to do the same with the Aurors though he had yet to see a case of excessive force. As he entered his class he was already fuming.

"Everyone, wands out! I know this has been a very eventful weekend but I expect the best from you today. We will be learning about colliding spells and how to avoid them. This lesson has been mandated by the Ministry and I must say that after yesterday it is something we should all learn...what are you doing here?"

Harry had turned to his students to see three Aurors posted in his classroom as well. The middle one spoke, "Regulation sir. All classrooms must have at least one Auror on duty depending on the danger of the class. Obviously Defense Against the Dark Arts rates as a dangerous class so there are three of us, Sir."