Chapter 52: The Last Temptation of Luna Lovegood

Harry burst into room shouting. "LUNA! LUNA! I know what-"

Harry trailed off a he saw Luna lying in the window staring at the ceiling, oblivious. Harry sighed as he felt the wind leave his sails. He sat down on the bed and brushed his hand through Luna's hair causing her to close her eyes and lean into his hand. "Luna..."

Harry was silent in deep thought as he thought about everything she had been through, everything she had achieved and the task she still needed to finish, before he spoke from his heart. "A few days ago...though it feels longer. I...was given an old essay of yours by Ginny. She made me read it, so blame her for it, if you're upset about that."

Harry closed his eyes as he gently caressed Luna's face, who smiled under his tender touch. "You wrote about how you thought of me as your hero, not as the boy who lived, but just me. You wrote it before we began dating, I don't even think we had been friends that long. I...Not very many people understand me...not even my closest friends. In their defense I never understood myself to be honest. What you wrote...It meant allot to me...it meant more than that...it gave me the courage to continue on, to keep fighting...strength I desperately needed."

"You see that's what you do Luna, you give me hope. You guide me out of darkness, even when you are lost in the woods. You always know what to say to make me smile. You've been like that ever since I've known you. I remember when I first met you, I was so young, so stupid. I thought you were someone to avoid, a girl that was so extremely abnormal. Even then I guess the Dursleys hatred of the abnormal had left it's mark on me, however small it was. Later on I got to know you better, the wisdom behind your Wimsey, the gentleness of your spirit. Then I thought you were someone who should be pitied. How wrong I was, hell my first impression was more accurate for all it was worth." Harry shook his head at the thought.

"Your so much more than that Luna. You are so much more than this. You're brilliant, you really are. Your the greatest person I have ever met in my life by far. You are always looking out for others, even those who mistreat you. You are always offering to lend a hand, and lend comfort to others. You feel sympathy for those who try to destroy you. Even when things are tough, you would always face the day with a smile. In the darkest night your eyes would shine as if it was the perfect day. It was impossible to spend time with you and not smile, even when smiling seemed impossible. You are perfect in every way, and you said you loved me?! ME!? I don't know what I ever did to deserve you. What am I without you. Without you I would be nothing. Without you I would still be surrounded by friends yet I'd be utterly alone.

You say I'm your hero? How could you say that. What could I have ever done for you that holds a candle to what you've done for me. You've given me love I've never known, you've given me comfort I never sought, and you gave me my life, a life I had never lived. You've gave me happiness even in the darkest of times, for you always remembered to turn on the light. You inspired this world to fight for change, for freedom, for equality. You inspired every single soul you ever touched, even the sainted souls Umbridge, Kingsley, Malfoy, Pansy and even the Cornors, even they envied your purity."

"Your my hero Luna. Your not some one to be pitied or looked down upon, you should be looked up to and you are. I look up to you and I'm not alone. The whole world is waiting for you Luna, waiting for you to come back, to get better. Waiting for you to help them out of this hole they've dug themselves in. To give them the answer, I know you don't know, but have deep in your heart. Even if it's just the words of comfort and hope that has inspired me every day I've known you. The world is on the brink of destruction and only you can stop it."

I know this weight must be a heavy burden to bare. Hell it's the weight of the world on you shoulders, but you don't have to bear it alone. I'm here for you Luna, I always will be and I'll do anything for you. I just...I just can't stand to see you like this, so broken. Don't let this world weigh you down, and drags you into the depths of madness and despair. Show them you are so much stronger than you are so much more than that. Show them the way, and show the world who Luna Lovegood really is! Show them What Luna Lovegood is capable of."