Chapter 45: The Lovegoods

"You mean she's..."

"A Squib!"

Pandora nodded somberly. "Unfortunately yes, I'm sorry Xenophilius."

Luna instantly recognized the room she had landed in. It was the scene of her birth.

Luna looked at the newborn in Pandora's hands and shook her head.

She looked so different back then, so small.

"She's a human being and your daughter!"

"How Dare you!" Umbridge screeched glaring at the infant in a way that made Pandora shiver. "That...That thing is not my Daughter.

Luna flinched at her Mother's words, she didn't want to see this, not again.

Luna looked away as the fighting started.

"Pandora, dispose of the creature"

"What?! NO!" Xenophilius cried out. "You can't hurt my daughter."

"There will be other daughters, real daughters that are actually human!" Umbridge sighed with frustration. "Pandora, kill it and make it fast before it gives me a migraine."

Pandora started speaking quickly. "Xenophilius can take care of her, you don't need to have anything to do with her."

Luna was about to leave the Pensive when the Nargles appeared before her. "Why am I here, why do I need to see this again?"

Aναρχία shrugged. "Recap."

Anarhie glared at Aναρχία before speaking. "This is the beginning of the first memory, a memory you did not complete."

Pandora reached out for the child and Xenophilius flinched away holding his daughter protectively. Pandora raised her hands slowly while looking to his eyes. "Trust me Xeno."

Xenophilius slowly handed the child over to Pandora, the two never breaking eye contact. Pandora held the now silent baby in her arms, before she broke eye contact. "Go...I don't want you to see this."

"What?!" Xenophilius gasped as two Unspeakables seemed to come out of thin air and began to drag him out of the room. Pandora was used to this happening in the Department of Mysteries, though her heart broke at the sound of her friend's cries.

"Well...be done with it." Dolores ordered as the baby's eyes looked up and met Pandora's.

"Seems like such a waste." Pandora spoke wistfully not taking her eyes off the child.

"Useless things can't be wasted." Umbridge said with contempt. "That's why it's trash

Pandora struck at the opening chance, meeting Dolores' gaze. "Yes but one man's trash is another man treasure."

"Magic." Pandora blurted before speaking excitedly. "Yes..Yes magic. You know my abilities, give the child to me and I'll make a Witch out of her. I can't promise success, but as far as I'm concerned we have yet to truly study magic as a...thing. Let me try and give her magic, let me do what I do."

Umbridge was clearly intrigued. "Take her to your office, make sure no one knows of this. Pandora I'm classifying this as code black. No record, no knowledge.

Luna glared at Pandora as she felt her heart ache. Seeing the women she loved as a Mother barter with her life like this, still hurt .

Are you still here? Go before someone sees the creature. I'm going to be obliviating half my staff before the day is done, or at least have someone else do it...send my healer back in."