Chapter 2

\|/ Ambers POV \|/

I nervously walked towards my mum.

"Do you realize who our neighbors are?" I ask her.

"Are you questioning me?" She asked with a clenched jaw.

"No! No, Mum. It's just... They're a famous band I listen to." I explained.

"I. Don't. Care. Get me my vodka." She ordered. The look in her eyes told me not to go against anything she said.

I sighed in nervousness and turned on my heel.

Before I could walk any further, Mum yanked my arm back and slapped me.

"Don't give me an attitude!" She raised her voice.

"Sorry, Mum." I apologized. The sad part is, I was sincere about it. Everything I do upsets her, and that's my fault. I'm trying to work on it.

She let go and I walked out the door. I slowly made my way across the yard and stopped at their front door.

Here we go.

Knock, knock, knock.

I heard footsteps and the door opened to show the one and only Calum Hood.

"H-hi." I stuttered.

His eyes widened, probably at my bruises.

"Are you okay?" He asked.

"I'm fine." I lied. "Do you have a bottle of vodka my mum can have?"

His eyebrows furrowed in confusion.

"I live next door and my mum ran out." I said.

"Uh... Yeah... I guess. " He stuttered. "Why don't you wait inside?" He kindly offered.

I smiled and he opened the door to let me in.

"Guys, this is our neighbor..." He trailed off.

"Amber." I told him.

"Amber. Her mum ran out of vodka so I'm going to give her a bottle?" He said as more of a question. He glanced between his band members, almost asking one of them to help him figure out what he should do.

I raised my gaze from my feet and looked at the boys.

They looked at me in surprise and I smiled at them.

Calum went down the hall and I was left with the boys.

"It's nice to finally know who lives over there." Ashton spoke.

I chuckled. "It's nice to finally meet you guys, too."

"You have a good taste in music." Michael said.

"I'd have to agree." I said when I noticed him glancing at my shirt.

"Who's your favorite band?" Luke asked.

Here comes my awkwardness. "Umm... You guys."

They laughed. "I'm honestly a little surprised that your not freaking out right now." Ashton said.

Before I could respond, Calum walked in and hands me the bottle. "Here you go." He said awkwardly.

"Thank you." I sighed in relief.

"Just make sure we don't get in trouble for giving alcohol to a minor." Luke laughed.

"Don't worry about it. It really is for my mum." I explained with a smile.

"Good." Luke replied. I'm surprised he sounded so gentle.

"Thanks again, guys. It was really nice meeting all of you. Your music has always kept me going." I smiled.