Chapter 8

\|/ Amber's POV \|/

When we got to Harry's, I followed him inside.

"I'll show you to my room and I'll just sleep in one of the other guys' rooms." He said. He seemed mostly calm, but agitation was still apparent in his voice and on his face.

I nodded and followed him to a bedroom.

"This is mine. I'm sleeping in that one right there." He said and pointed towards the one right across the rather large hallway.

"Okay. Thank you so much." I said.

"No problem." He sleepily said and went to the other room.

I walked in and immediately found the bed in the far corner. I didn't bother to take in the appearance of the room because I'm too tired.

I layed down and started thinking about everything that happened. Tears started involuntarily falling from my eyes and I cried myself to sleep with no one to comfort me, just like usual.

\|/---\|/

I woke up before Harry and excused myself to the bathroom. After doing my business and washing my hands, I decided to cook something small for breakfast to keep my mind busy.

I went into the kitchen and found  some ingredients for batter to make pancakes. I mixed up everything I needed and found a pan I could use. I turned on the stove and made 6 pancakesI pulled out 2 plates, putting 3 pancakes on each.

I found butter and syrup in the fridge, and set everything up on the table. I found the forks and knives and pulled out 2 of each.

I decided I would wake Harry up before the food gets cold, so I walked into the room he went into last night.

I walked in and saw Harry stretching in bed, meaning he just woke up.

"Good morning." I faked a smile at him.

"Good morning." He tiredly said.

"I made pancakes." I told him.

He shot up out of bed and ran past me to the kitchen. I've never seen someone that exited for food only seconds after they wake up in the morning.

I chuckled and followed him. I sat down and started eating while I noticed Harry had already eaten almost half of the pancakes.

"What? They're good pancakes!" He said with a mouth full of food.

"I never said anything." I bit my lip so I wouldn't laugh and ate my own food.

When I finished, I stood up and turned around to put my plate in the sink, but Harry took it out of my hands and started washing them since he had already washed his own.

"I can wash my own dishes." I frowned.

"I know you can, I just don't want you to." He told me.

"Why?" I asked.

"You made me breakfast! The least I can do is wash the dishes." He said in a 'duh' tone.

"But I'm the guest." I pointed to myself.

"Doesn't matter." He pointed, looking over at me.

I sighed. "Whatever." I'm too tired to try to argue with him any longer.

He finished washing them and put them away.

"What are we going to do today?" I asked.

"You want me to be honest?" He said.

I sighed and looked at my feet while nodding.

"I think you should go home and talk it out, and if you don't agree to go I'm going to drag you there because that's what needs to happen." He told me.

I nodded. "When are we going?" I don't wanna go.

"Um... Let me text one of the guys and see if they're even awake." He said and pulled out his phone.

"No!" I quickly stopped him.

"Why?" He stopped.

"Because now they won't have time to prepare. If we just go, they won't have time to hide anything that happened." I explained.

He smiled and nodded. "Fair enough."

I grabbed my shoes and put them on.

"Ready?" He asked while grabbing his keys.

I nodded with a fake smile as we walked to his car. I got in the passengers seat and he got in the drivers seat and started driving.

I was silent the whole time.

"A-are you okay?" Harry asked, probably nervous because he knows I have every right to explode.

"I'm fine." I lied.

He sighed as if he didn't believe me, but didn't say anything.

We pulled up to the flat quickly and it took all I had not to look in the direction of where I used to live.

I quietly closed the car door and so did Harry. I walked up to the door and I could hear yelling. I took a deep breath and slowly opened the door. My eyes widened at what I saw.

The place was completely crashed and they were all standing on one side of the room while Calum was on the other.

"FOR THE LAST TIME IT WAS AN ACCIDENT, A DRUNKEN MISTAKE!!!" Calum yelled.

I flinched at all the yelling and just listened to them argue while they didn't know I was here.

"IT DOESNT MATTER IT SHOULDN'T HAVE HAPPENED!" Ashton yelled.

"STOP BEING SUCH AN ARSE!!" Niall added.

"SHES USED TO IT ANY WAY I DONT SEE WHY ITS SUCH A BIG DEAL!!" He screamed.

The air got tense as the room fell silent.

A solid 10 seconds passed before he realized what he said. "I-I didn't mean it like that...." He shook his head.

"Is that what you really think?" I quietly said while tears poured from my eyes.

All heads snapped towards me and Calum looked like he was about to break down. It's his own fault.

He looked at his hand, then at the side of my face and took a step back like he couldn't believe he caused the red mark over all the bruises that haven't healed yet.

"Is that what you think?" I cried quietly again.

"I- n-...." He was at a loss for words.

"Amb-" Ashton started.

I held up a hand to signal for him to stop talking.

"Is. That. What. You. Think." I repeated to Calum without taking my eyes off of him.

He shook his hand. "No. I didn't mean that. I just- I dont.." His voice cracked as a tear rolled down his cheek.

I quietly sobbed and I felt Harry's hand on my back for comfort.

"I can't do this." I ran. And I didn't stop running.