Chapter 21

\|/ Ambers POV \|/

As soon as I got out of the car, I spotted our group.

I walked up to them and Harry noticed me first.

"Amber!" He cheered and gave me a hug.

I smiled at him and noticed that Caden and Jessica walked away.

I ignored it and stood by Mattie.

"Mattie I love your hair!" I exclaimed while looking at her bright purple hair. It made her eyes look brighter than ever.

"Thank you! I'm glad you suggested it." She replied.

After a moment, they started telling me which people to stay away from and all of that.

The bell rang, telling us to get to class. In my first class, I had Mattie, Harry, and Aaron.

"Come on! First we have reading. The teacher is really laid back, so you'll probably be introduced and then you can sit wherever. Well do some easy work and that's all!" Mattie explained.

I nodded and followed her to class. We passed by what I remembered to be my locker, but we didn't have to carry around books and we're aloud to keep our backpacks with us, so I didn't stop at it.

We walked into the room and Mattie went to sit down at the back table where Harry and Aaron already were. I walked up to the teachers desk and he looked up at me.

"You're the new one!" He smiled at me. "Welcome here! Just take a seat wherever you'd like. I'm not going to introduce you because if people want to know who you are, they can meet you in their own time."

I nodded and immediately went to the seat at the edge of the table by Mattie.

"You're going to be vey well known because you're friends with the football team." She told me.

"Is that a good thing?" I asked.

"People will know not to mess with you, but you'll have lots of people paying attention to you. Your sort-of-personal life, will become their business." She explained.

I nodded and took a shaky breath.

"Hey, don't sweat it. We don't want you having a panic attack on your first day. You'll be okay, I promise." She placed a comforting hand on my thigh. The simple gesture made me feel almost completely calm.

"Did you hear about the dance that they're having on Friday?" Aaron asked all of us.

"Oh, yeah! It's a pretty big thing that they're going to be doing. I saw a few flyers for it. I'm trying to find a special way to ask Faith to come to it with me." Harry said.

"You better make it really special. This is the big dance of the school year." Mattie said.

"I don't know if I'm going to ask anyone to go with me." Aaron said. "Amber, are you going to go?"

"Probably not. Well, if someone asked me I might, but I'm sure no one will." I shrugged.

"You'll have guys dropping at your feet. Just wait until they make the announcement for it." Harry said.

"I don't want guys dropping at my feet, though. I only like girls." I sighed.

"I'm sure at least one girl will ask you." Harry smirked.

"Probably not." I looked down.

"I wouldn't be so sure." Aaron winked at me.

Mattie kept looking away from me.

"Alright class, let's get started."

\|/---\|/

Every class was about the same, other than being introduced and who I sat with.

In 4th period, I only had Jessica and Caden in that class.

The teacher just told me to sit wherever so I sat at the table next to theirs. I felt their eyes burning holes in the side of my head. I just ignored it, and took the notes that the teacher had put on the board.

When the bell rang, I started collecting my things. I found it easier to let everyone else leave the room first, to avoid being pushed around.

I saw the teacher leave the room, probably to get lunch, and I started to walk out of the room.

"Hey, Amber!" I heard Jessica call.

"Yeah?" I turned around and slowly walked towards them.

"I just wanted to talk to you about something." Jessica said with a fake smile.

"Okay." I walked up and waited for them to continue.

"You just love the attention, don't you?" She shook her head.

"What are you talking about?" I frowned.

"You know exactly what we're talking about." Caden said.

"We were the star couple. We were the ones everyone focused on. But ever since you decided to switch schools, they've all been talking about you. It's not right." She told me.

"I-I didn't do anything." I shook my head.

They walked towards me and I started walking backwards.

"You're going to stay away from all of us." Caden ordered.

"No, I'm not. They're my friends." I said.

Caden nodded at Jessica and she ran to shut the door and lock it.

"Then I'll just have to make you." Caden said and grabbed my arm.

I tried to pull away but he pushed me to the ground.

He started hitting me over and over, but he avoided my face so no one would see the marks.

I kept yelping in pain with each hit, but I guess no one could hear me. It went on for a while before Jessica stopped him.

"Let her go. The others are probably looking for her." She said.

He stopped and stood up while laughing.

"Stay away from them." Jessica said and they left the room.

I got up and tried not to limp. I took deep breaths and walked towards the cafeteria. The pain was excruciating, and mentally I hadn't even processed it yet.

I started thinking about all these people in my grade, in one room. There will be a lot of people staring at me.

I started to feel dizzy so I sat down.

I heard someone call my name. "Amber!"

I was breathing too heavy to answer. I tried not to pass out as I felt tears fall form my eyes.

"Where the hell is she?! It's been like 15 minutes!" I heard another person say.

I felt my eyes start to get droopy.

"Amber!"

"There she is!" It sounded like Jarred.

The 2 guys ran towards me and I noticed it was Jarred and Tyler.

"Shit. Amber stay with me." Tyler said as he pulled out an inhaler.

I felt him give me the medicine and I started to calm down.

"Should we take her to the nurse?" Tyler asked.

"No!" I found the courage to speak.

"Okay. We won't take you. Can you walk?" Jarred asked. he was very frantic but I think he was trying to stay as calm as possible.

I tried to stand up, but I just cried more. "I need Mattie." I said while thinking about how she helped me before.

Tyler nodded and stood up while pulling out his phone and calling someone.

"Mattie, huh?" Jarred tried to make me feel better.

I didn't reply, I just tried to figure out what I was going to say to her. I have to have some kind of explanation.