Chapter 23

\|/ Ambers POV \|/

My alarm woke me up, and I groaned before getting out of bed.

I got changed into a long sleeve Asking Alexandria shirt with red skinnies and my all black high top converses. The bruises are brighter than they were yesterday, and they hurt so much worse.

I saw my phone light up so I went to see what it was. Mattie had texted me.

"Want a ride to school?" It read.

"Yeah, sure."

"Pick you up in 15"

I smiled huge when I remembered that she was 16 so she can drive me to school. Wait, why would she want to drive me to school?

I brushed my hair and teeth, before going downstairs.

"Good morning Amber!" Luke greeted.

"Morning guys! What are you doing today?" I asked.

"We have to go to a recording session." Ashton replied.

"And we have to work on our new song." Michael added in a tone that meant he felt important for saying it.

"Cool! Am I allowed to know what the song is called?" I smiled.

"Nope, sorry we're not allowed to tell anyone." Calum said.

"Oh, that's okay." I smiled. I went back upstairs, realizing I forgot to do my makeup.

I did a quick, natural look and grabbed my phone and went downstairs. Stairs hurt. I don't know how long I can keep hiding this.

"You ready to go?" Luke asked before standing up.

"I forgot to tell you! I don't need a ride." I smiled.

"How are you getting there, then?"Michael furrowed his eyebrows.

"Mattie offered to take me..." I blushed and bit my lip nervously. It's a habit of mine, I do it way too often.

They all smirked at me.

"I didn't know she was 16...." Luke said, seeming almost uncomfortable.

"Yeah. She was held back a year a long time ago and she was born early into the school year so..." I heard my phone go off and it was Mattie telling me she's pulling in. "I gotta go. Bye, mates! Have fun!"

All of them said bye and I walked out the door.

Mattie's car was a black Dodge Charger. It was really nice, and I had to stop myself from staring.

"Hey! Thanks for picking me up." I said as I got in the passengers seat.

"No problem!" She smiled. "So, I didn't get to talk to you that much yesterday afternoon. Did anyone ask you to the dance?" She asked as she pulled out of the driveway.

"No. You?" I blushed a little.

"Yeah. There's this really nice girl that asked me. She's bisexual and really pretty." She told me.

"Why didn't you say yes?" I asked.

"I'm planning on asking someone else." She smiled.

"Oh, right. That girl is very lucky." I said. I could hear the depletion in my own voice clearly. I hope she didn't notice, but it was pretty obvious.

"Heh. I hope she says yes." She bit her lip.

"She's be stupid to say no." I said without thinking. She's cute when she does that. "What is she like?"