Chapter 22

\|/ Mattie's POV \|/

I pushed the bright purple hair out of my eyes and continued looking for Amber.

"Amber!" I called again.

"Amber!" Faith called with me. "Where could she be?"

"I don't know. I'm seriously worried though. She could be having a panic attack in a corner somewhere." I thought out loud. She could be totally helpless, lost and struggling to breathe.

My phone started ringing and I answered it without looking at the caller ID.

"Hello?"

"We found Amber. She's crying and hyperventilating and she told us to get you." I noticed it was Tyler. My heart fluttered a little when I realized she wanted me. At the same time, my heart picked up its pace to help me on this mission.

"Where are you guys?" I asked frantically.

"I don't know the teachers name. It's right outside her 4th period. The same one that Jessica and Caden have." He explained.

We all had each others schedules memorized, so I hung up and started running.

"They found Amber! Come on!" I yelled at Faith.

She started running after me and we got to her very quickly.

I pushed Jarred and Tyler away from her before pulling her into my lap like I did the other night.

"Shhh. You're okay. Everything's alright. I got you." I whispered in her ear as I started stroking her nose.

I felt her relax under my touch and the guys were smirking a little.

They were all calling the others, to tell them that we found her. I rocked from side to side slowly and didn't stop until she wasn't crying.

"Are you okay?" I asked as I pushed her beautiful black hair out of her currently brown eyes. No matter what color they are, they're always beautiful.

She gently nodded and slowly stood up.

"What happened?" I stood up after her.

"I-I just started overthinking and I got very n-nervous." She said. She refused to look at me while she spoke, but she's still recovering. I decided to leave it be. I nodded and we started walking to the cafeteria.

Jarred, Faith, and Tyler followed us and I kept a hand around her waist. I feel like maybe I'm being too protective because she's two years younger than me and I like her, but honestly I don't care anymore.

I guided her over to our table, and she was immediately bombarded with questions.

"Guys, give her some space. She just got nervous and overwhelmed." I said as we sat down. "Are you hungry?" I asked her.

She wiped her eyes and nodded.

"What do you want?" I pulled out my money.

"Just a piece of pizza." She said and held out her money.

"No, I'll pay." I said and stood up before she could tell me no.

\|/ Ambers POV \|/

"No, I'll pay." She said and walked away.

I turned back around with a sigh and saw everyone looked surprised.

"What?" I asked as I put my money back away.

"She never buys anyone food." Justin said.

"What do you mean?" I furrowed my eyebrows.

"She refuses to spend money on other people, unless needed. She doesn't buy food for anyone." Gabriella explained.

"Oh... Than why will she for me?" I asked.

"Are you blind?" Eric smirked.

"She likes you." Harry stated.

"What makes you think that?" I blushed.

"It's pretty obvious." Brayden said.

"Here you go." Mattie handed me my pizza and at down beside me.

"Thank you." I blushed again.

"Excuse me. I have an announcement to make." The principal said into the microphone. "This Friday, we will be having our annual big school dance. I know we have many small ones, but this is the big one for the year. If you're interested, you can get a flyer from the front office, and you can buy your tickets from any teacher. Thank you."

"Who all wants to go?" Harry asked the group.

All of us raised our hands, including me.

"Who knows who they're going to ask to go with them?" He asked.

Harry, Brayden, Devon, Aaron, and Mattie raised their hands.

"Ooohhh! Who's the lucky girl?" Gabriella asked Mattie.

"I can't tell you." She smirked.

"Aaron, what about you?" Kyle asked.

"Gusty." He blushed.

"Who's Gusty?" I asked.

"That's Gusty." Mattie said and pointed to a very pretty girl. She had long blonde hair and a little bit of acne on her face, but she's beautiful.

"You guys would make a cute couple." Gabriella said.

"Thanks." He smiled.

"When are you going to ask her?" Justin asked.

"Now." He smirked and pulled out a bouquet of flowers from his backpack, walking over to her.

He stopped her and got on one knee while holding out the flowers, and I assume he asked her to go with him.

She nodded and hugged him.

We all smiled at the cute, but cheesy, moment.

I wonder who Mattie's going to take...

I finished my pizza and tried to figure out who it was. Could it be me? Nah, she doesn't like me like that. But what about what the others were saying? Oh well, I'll just have to wait and see. But honestly, it's gonna hurt a bit if I'm not the one.

\|/---\|/

The rest of the day was pretty average. I saw multiple people asking others to the dance. No one asked me, though.

"How was your day?" Calum asked me as I walked into the flat.

"It was great! There's a dance on Friday and I might go to that, but nothing unusual happened." I faked a smile. I got beaten up. Of course it wasn't great. Do you know how hard it is to act like I'm not in any pain?

"Good! Do you know if Mattie's going?" He asked, knowing about my crush.

"Um, yeah... She's planning on asking someone." I looked down.

"Did she say who?" He smirked.

"No." I sighed. "Am I allowed in my room, yet?"

"Yeah. Just don't touch the walls." He smiled at me.

I nodded without removing my fake smile, and went up to my room.

The walls were all purple, and the closet door was fixed.

I opened it to see if my clothes were in there. They were, and I blushed a little, realizing they had put away all of my bras and underwear.

I walked through the huge closet and pulled out a plain black t-shirt, hoodie, leggings, underwear, a brah, and a pair of socks.

I went to my bathroom and saw that the bag of razors was still in the sink. I ripped a small hole in it and grabbed one carefully. I undressed and looked at my bruises in the mirror. I shook my head and turned on the water, getting into the shower. I did all of my hygeticness and added fresh cuts to both of my wrists.

I stopped after a while, and let the water wash the blood away.

I turned of the water and dried off, before getting dressed.

My one wish right now, is for Mattie to ask me to the dance.