Chapter 6

\|/ Ambers POV \|/

When Calum left my bedroom, my mind went crazy. What if they don't actually want me to eat? What if they yell at me for taking too much? What if they hit me? What if this is all a trick? What if they turn into my mum? Do I really have to go downstairs? What if they find out about everything? What happens if-

"Hey, are you coming down or..." I heard Luke's voice on the other side or the door.

"Yeah." I simply answered.

I took a deep breath and headed towards my door. I opened it up to see Luke just walking away. He smiled at me and I smiled back. We walked down the stairs in silence and entered the kitchen.

"Hey Amber! We're having pizza tonight. Is that okay?" Calum greeted and asked.

"Pizza is my favorite food." I smiled shyly.

"Yep! We're going to get along just fine." Michael smirked and patted my shoulder.

it made my flinch a bit, but I quickly recovered and laughed, letting them each grab a piece from the box before I grabbed one of my own.

So I guess when they said it was "ready" they meant that it had arrived?

Oh well. I followed them into the lounge and sat as far away from everyone as I could.

They turned on the telly and everyone dug into their food.

"How old are you?" Calum suddenly asked.

I looked up to see all eyes on my. "F-fourteen." I stutter nervously.

He nodded and everyone went back to eating. I didn't hesitate to finish my slice, but I didn't ask for another out of the fear that it could possibly upset them.

I sat there for a while and absentmindedly watched whatever was playing on the telly.

"Do you want another slice?" Ashton asked.

I hesitated and just stared at him for a moment. "Yeah, sure."

I followed him to the kitchen and grabbed another piece after he did.

We went back to the lounge and I began eating again. It seemed like no one as paying attention, so I ate the whole slice. Something about them made me trust them. I feel safe with them. Especially Calum. Why? I'm not sure.

"What are we doing for tonight?" Michael asked when everyone had finished eating.

"I still have to unpack." I explained.

They all just kind of nodded and made their own conversation, so I left them to go upstairs and actually unpack this time.

I went upstairs and unpacked all of my belongings, one box at a time. When I was finally done I sat on my bed and looked out the window.

The sun was down and the house was silent. How late is it? I checked my phone and it said "1:37 am". How is it already that late?

I walked into the hallway and looked into the other guys' bedrooms to see if they were in there. They weren't, so I slowly and quietly walked down stairs because I didn't want to upset the lads if I accidentally woke them up. I reached the bottom step and slowly peeked my head around the corner.

The Telly was on and they were cuddling in pairs on the couches, asleep.

I internally laughed and went back upstairs. I got some blankets from the hallway closet and went back downstairs. I layed one across Michael and Luke, and another across Ashton and Calum. I switched off the telly and went back upstairs, ready to be as sound asleep as they were.

\|/---\|/

I woke up to my phone beeping, signaling I had a text. I rolled over and grabbed it from the desk and unlocked it. It was from a blocked number.

What the hell?

"You can run but you can't hide. I'll find you." the text read.

Who is this? How did they get my number? What are they talking about? Why are they looking for me? Is this a prank?

My mind raced with thoughts as my breathing gradually became heavy and my lungs started aching. Why is it this easy to have an asthma attack?

I reached for my inhaler and quickly took off the lid. When the cold metal was between my lips, I pressed the button. Breathing in the medicine, I closed my eyes. While taking a deep breath, I thought about what I should do.

Should I tell them? Yes. Am I going to?

My thoughts hesitated. I know I really need to. Yeah, I'm going to.

I picked out a Green Day shirt, black skinny jeans, and my teal flannel. I changed clothes and brushed out my hair. After I was presentable, I grabbed my phone and went downstairs.

I found the lads in the kitchen, eating pancakes.

"G'morning Amber." Calum greeted.

"Good morning." I smiled at all of them.

"We made pancakes and the bacon-" Ashton started.

"BACON?!" I screeched. I felt my heart rate rise in excitement.

"... Yeah... The bacon is in the microwave." He finished.

I grabbed a plate and went to the microwave. I decided on taking about 7 pieces of bacon and I took 1 pancake. I smiled to myself and sat down between Luke and Calum.

"I take it you like bacon?" Michael smirked at me.

I nodded. "Take any of mine and I stab you." I held up my fork as threateningly as possible.

They all chuckled at me and I felt myself physically and mentally relax. I'm not sure what it is, but something makes them so trustworthy in my eyes. Maybe I can be myself around them. Maybe they won't hit me. Maybe I can try to trust them.

"I have something to tell you." I broke the silence when I finished eating.

"What is it?" Calum asked with confusion.

I grabbed my phone and pulled up the messages. I handed him my phone and watched him read it.

"What happened?" Ashton asked after a moment of Calum staring at my screen.

He just shook his head and handed him my phone.

Luke and Michael huddled around Ashton so they could all read the text.

"I-I'm sure its nothing to worry about. Let's just take precautions." Ashton started. "Keep all the doors and windows locked, Amber don't go outside without one of us, and leave your bedroom door open."

I nodded and we paused our meal, unable to eat until we made sure we were temporarily safe.

I hope everything turns out okay.