Chapter 26

\|/ Ambers POV \|/

The school day wasn't much different. Caden and Jessica had been suspended from school for a week, and are not allowed to attend the dance.

Currently, I'm getting my things ready to go. I still have to talk to Mattie about whatever her plans are...

I put on my backpack and pulled out my phone.

(A-me M-Mattie)

A- Where should I meet you?

M- It requires a little bit of walking, but I need you go out exit 4 and tell me when you get there

I grinned at the message and immediately walked towards exit 4. As soon as I got out the door I messaged her again.

A- Done

M- Okay. You see the big field?

A- Yeah.

M- You see the group of people in the middle of it?

A- Yep

M- Go to them.

A- Okay...

I couldn't tell who the people were but I remembered what she said in the nurses office. "I wouldn't leave you with her if I didn't trust her" so she must trust whoever these people are.

I started the journey over to them, and as I got closer I realized them to be our friends. They waved at me and I waved back, still walking.

When I finally reached them, they were sitting on top of signs.

"Hey mates! What's this?" I asked.

They smirked at each other and I noticed Mattie wasn't with them.

"Where's Mattie?" They ignored my questions and one of them started playing music on a speaker. It was Hearts & Flowers by SayWeCanFly.

They all started standing up slowly, one by one, giving me time to slightly study each sign before the next one was lifted.

Eric was first and his sign said "You"

Then Aaron with a sign that said "are"

Then Harry's said "kind,"

Faiths said "funny,"

Justin's said "smart,"

Tyler's said "friendly,"

Brayden's said "amazing,"

Amy's said " and beautiful."

Devon's said "You are"

Gabriella's said "PERFECT"

I put a hand over my mouth and tried to control the tears that were falling from my eyes. Suddenly, they all flipped their signs.

The first one had a heart on it.

"Will"

"You"

"Be"

"My"

"Date"

"To"

"The"

"Dance"

"?"

"Will you be my date to the dance?" I heard someone ask from behind me.

I whipped my head around and saw Mattie standing there with a huge smile on her face.

"Yes!" I cried and engulfed her into a hug.