Chapter 24

\|/ Mattie's POV \|/

I watched as Justin picked the lock on the door and frantically ran my fingers through my hair.

I looked up as Harry charged into the room and yelled. "WHAT THE FUCK?!"

I ran in after him and watched him pounce on Caden, who was beating up Amber.

Why the hell?!

I saw Jessica on top of her and I lost it. My blood boiled as I smashed her into the ground and started beating the bitch. I could hear the others trying to figure out how to help Amber, but I didn't quit. I couldn't. She deserved this.

I kept punching Jessica over and over, before realizing she wasn't attempting to fight back. I wasn't even gonna stop, but I heard Amber let out a choked sob and I immediately whipped around and saw her in a ball on the ground with Faith attempting to calm her down.

I let Jessica lay motionless on the ground and went to help Amber.

I sat on the ground beside her and told everyone to back up.

Amber layed on her side, with her arms around her knees, hiding her face.

"Amber? Can you look at me please? It's just me." I whispered.

She gently lifted her head and I felt my stomach drop. Her face was bruised all over and her cheeks were stained with tears. Why would someone do this?

She crawled into my lap slowly and I started stroking her nose, quickly stopping when she flinched away.

She wiped her tears and I saw blood on her hand. Her hand isn't what's bleeding though. It's coming from her wrist. It clicked in my head and I prayed to God that I was wrong.

"Amber?" I said softly.

She looked up to me with dull blue eyes.

"Why is y-your wrist bleeding?" I asked carefully. I don't want to upset her any mods but I need to know.

Her lip quivered and she started crying harder and that's all I had to hear.

I felt tears well up in my eyes and I slowly stood up with Amber cradled in my arms.

She grabbed onto my shirt tightly and I looked down at her.

"I have to take you to the nurse." I told her while tears fell from my eyes.

She nodded a little and I looked to the others. They were all watching us, each of them were either crying or about to be. They followed me as I walked out of the room and down the halls.

I got to the nurses office and stepped to the side. Eric got the hint and knocked on the door for me. I nodded at him and sniffled.

The door opened to reveal the nurse. Her eyes widened at the sight of us and she motioned for me to set her on the bed. I entered and did so carefully.

"Who did this to her?" She asked as she started looking at her bruises. She pulled up her sleeves and I cried harder at the sight of all the cuts.

"Caden and Jessica." She knew who I was talking about because basically everyone knows who the football kids are.

"Where are they?"

"No idea." I shook my head and wiped the tears that kept falling.

"I'm going to have to ask you to step out." She told me.

I looked at the crying girl on the bed and almost told her to fuck off... But for the sake of Amber I didn't.

Amber cried a little harder so I approached her. "You'll be okay. I'm going to call your dad to come here so he'll be here soon. You can trust the nurse, I promise. I wouldn't leave you with her if I didn't trust her. I'll be right outside." I kissed her forehead and left.

I entered the little hall area and saw everyone crying.

I slid down the wall slowly and started genuinely crying. Full sobs were racking through my chest.

She doesn't deserve this. She doesn't deserve this. She doesn't deserve this.

She needs my help. I forced myself to calm down enough to call Calum, and tell him to get here.

I pulled out my phone and went to his contact, before pressing the 'call' button.

"Hello?" He answered after a few rings.

"Calum? It's Mattie." I cried into the phone.

"What's going on?" He started to get frantic.

"Ambers hurt. You need to come to the school." I told him.

"I'll be there soon. Stay on the phone with me. Get in the car, lads!" He said. "What happened?"

"I don't r-really know. Yesterday she was late to lunch so w-we went looking for h-her. We found her on the ground outside her classroom c-crying. She said she was just overwhelmed." I sobbed. "She was late again t-today so we went to that room and the-e door was closed and locked. I got Justin to pick the lock because I-I could hear Amber making pained sounds in there. When we g-got in, Caden and Jessica where beating her-r up."

I heard multiple gasps through the phone at different parts of the explanation, and it sounded like I was on speaker.

"We'll be there soon. When we get there make sure those two fuckers aren't in sight." He said and hung up.

I put my phone in my pocket and cried into my knees.

I heard the lads come through the main entrance near the nurses office, and went to meet them.

When they saw me, they looked like they wanted to cry, adding to the few tears that had already fallen down their faces.

"Before you guys go in there I have to tell you something." I sobbed as I approached them.

"What is it?" Calum shakily asked.

I let out a small cry at the thought. "She self harms."

"W-What?" Calum asked in disbelief

Michael started actually crying, Luke was looking at me for an answer along with Calum, and Ashton stood there, frozen, with tears falling steadily from his eyes.

I nodded. "The ones on her wrist were opened. I don't know if that's the only place or not, though."

I started walking back towards the group and Harry ran to Ashton when we got back. Ashton kneeled on the ground and they hugged and cried into each others shoulder.

Faith watched them and Ashton opened one of his arms, signaling for her to join them. She did and they all cried together.

Gusty ran in and immediately ran to Aaron. I guess he texted her.

Everyone was just crying with each other, and I ended up hugging Calum for a while.

The lady at the front desk brought us a tissue box and we just sat outside the nurses office, staring at the door, waiting.