Chapter 4

I'd like to give a shoutout to jacqui_5sos  for giving me support, commenting, voting, and for simply keeping me inspired.
Thank you so much!

\|/ Ambers POV \|/

I brought all of the boxes that contained my belongings to the porch. I stacked them up, and locked the door before closing it.

I walked over to my new home and knocked.

The door opened seconds after, revealing a smiling Calum. "Hey!"

"Hi! Could you show me to my new room so I know where to bring all of my stuff?" I asked as politely as possible. It felt so weird to be greeted with a smile. It felt so weird to say "new room."

"Of course! Follow me." He grinned. I stepped into the flat and followed him through the house. He brought me up the stairs and to the first door on the left.

"Thanks." I smiled.

"I hope it's okay. We didn't exactly plan this, so it's all we have to offer right now." He nervously rambled.

I laughed at him. "Don't worry about it. This is way better than what I have over there." I told him. It was almost embarrassing to admit how trashed it was over there. The conditions I've been living in my whole life are absolutely disgusting.

"Okay. Let me get the boys and we can help you bring your things over here." He smiled.

"You really don't have to." I furrowed my eyebrows.

"No, I insist." He walked down the stairs before I had the chance to argue back.

Here we go.

I walked down and heard him telling his mates that they were going to help me bring things over. I walked out the door and back to my flat.

I grabbed the first box and started back across the lawn as I heard the other lads come out the door.

"My boxes are on the porch." I told them.

They nodded and smiled at me as I walked into theirs and went to my room. I stopped for a moment and took in the appearance of the room. It had grey walls, black carpet, a queen size bed in the corner, 2 doors that led to other rooms, and a window with a balcony.

I set the box down beside my new bed and went to see where the doors led to. One of them was a walk in closet. The other was a bathroom. This is amazing. I'm finally free.

"I figured you'd want your own bathroom." I heard Calum say from the door way.

I turned around from the bathroom I was looking in and saw him smiling at me. "Thank you. For everything." I said.

"No problem." He smiled. "Where do you want this?" He gestured to the box in his hands.

"Over there is fine." I pointed to where I had set my other boxes.

He nodded and set the box down as I went to get another.

\|/---\|/

I sat down on my bed and took a deep breath. All of my boxes were sitting against the wall by my bed.

I sat on my bed and started thinking. My mum is probably gone forever. I know she's done awful things, but she's still my mum. I'm gonna miss her. Will I? What about school? What the hell am I gonna do? Will I still get bullied? What if the fans hate me? What if the lads decide they don't like me?

My breath picked up and my chest clenched tight. I know what's happening.

Panic attack. Which leads to an asthma attack.

I crawled across the floor until I reached the coat I had set on the floor, smart choice, I know. I reached for the inhaler in the pocket while I winced in pain. I took the lid off and placed it between my lips. I clicked it down and sucked in the foul tasting medicine as my breathing finally started evening out.

A knock was heard from my door. "Amber?" I heard Calum call.

I tried to catch my breath before I shakily replied. "Yeah?"

"Are you okay?" I heard the concern in his voice.

"Y-yeah." I tried to hold back tears.

"No, you're not. I can hear it on your voice. Lemme in and we can talk." He pleaded. It wasn't until then I realized I had locked the door. Why did I lock the door? I have no idea.

"I'm f-fine." I assured him while standing up.

"What's wrong?" He asked.

I started thinking of everything that happened, everything I hide, everything I've been through. I hate being so out of control, I hate not being able to do anything about it when this happens. There's so much pain and so much. Suffering in this world. It hurts.

"Amber?" He called.

My breathing quickened again as I felt my body become weak. The inhaler dropped from my hand and slid across the carpet as my body collapsed to the floor.

"Amber?! Let me in!" He started banging on the door.

"I'm fine." I whispered with as much strength as I could.

"GUYS!! GET THE KEY!" He shouted.

"No. I'm fine." I tried to tell him, but I barely heard my own voice over his knocking.

"Amber!? You gotta let me in! Babe, come on!" He pleaded.

I heard the door being unlocked as the world began spinning and everything started to fade away.

"I'm fine." I whispered one last time as the lads rushed into the room.