Chapter 27

\|/ Ambers POV \|/

"I really like cliche, cheesy stuff." I told Amy as we walked through the dress shop.

"That couply stuff makes me cringe. It's not too much of a bad thing, I just find it odd, I guess. People reuse the same ideas and no one cares." She replied.

"People reuse the ideas because they are so easily loved. When you're partner takes you on a picnic date in a beautiful field to watch the sunset or a walk on the beach, it gives you strong feelings. Feelings that make you love that person even more. You like the cheesy stuff because it reminds you that your partner loves you. Maybe not in a romantic way yet, but as a person. It reminds you that they care, that they will chose to do something like that with you because either you enjoy it, or they do and they want you with them." I explained.

"You're good at the whole dating thing, aren't you?" She eyed me.

"I know a thing or two." I shrugged with a small smirk.

"Look at this one! Do you like it?" She asked as she held up a dress.

It was black, of course. It had long sleeves and looked like it came down to around mid-thigh. It was a skater style type of thing, but a little fancier. It had a sweetheart neckline, and the top of it would hug my body a little. The bottom flared out a little and to top it off, it came with a little silver belt that would fall onto the hips.

"That looks perfect." I smiled and grabbed it.

"Let's go try these on!" She exclaimed and motioned to the dresses in our hands.

We went to the fitting rooms and I slipped on my dress, before turning to look in the mirror.

I gasped a little at my looks. The dress made my body look almost immaculate. The neckline made my boobs look great, the dress hugged my curves just right, the skirt made my legs look pretty good, and it overall suits me. For once, I didn't feel too self conscious.

"Come out! I wanna see!" I heard Amy cheer.

I stepped out and she immediately gasped. "You look... Hot." She said.

I blushed and took in her appearance. The long hot pink dress was okay in my opinion, but it looked great on her. The thick sleeves with a V-neckline made her look older, somehow. It was pretty snug with little ripples attached to the outside just below the waistline, all the way down to the bottom. The dress itself almost reached the ground. It looked really good with her long brown hair. It just complimented her whole body.

"That looks marvelous on you!" I smiled.

"Thank you! I'm gonna buy this one. You going to get the one you have?" She asked.

"Yeah, definitely." I nodded.

We went back into our changing rooms and got into our normal clothes.

\|/---\|/

Mattie and I walked into our first period, her hand around my waist. The dance was this afternoon and I couldn't be more excited, yet nervous.

"You know, I feel like your a very secretive person." Mattie randomly said.

"Why's that?" I asked.

"I don't know. I just always feel like you're hiding something." She explained.

"I hide a lot of things, not gonna lie, but I do it to protect myself." I stated.

"Protect yourself?" She looked at me in confusion.

"Yes. If you tell let your walls down and tell people things, the bigger chance you have of getting hurt. People will judge you, and tell other people who will judge you because they want someone to agree with them, and the next thing you know, you've created an army of people putting you down and hating you all because you told a secret." I explained.