Part 21: The first day of School

Hye-Jin: Jina........ tell me honestly, even if you weren't in debt, you still want this don't you?

I tried to gather any words that I could use to prove her wrong, but she was right.

Me: Yeah...gosh, I hate it when you're right. I admit, a part of me was happy that I could become a singer. I knew that I could not ignore this side of me that's craving for music.... I knew this was part of me ever since childbirth.

my voice began to weaken to what I was going to say next. all at once, memories of my childhood that evolved to school performances to just merely holding my guitar replayed in my brain like a black and white movie. droplets of tears began to fall slowly one by one uncontrollably causing my red eyes to become cherry tomato eyes.

Me: *sobs* The childbirth that caused my mother's death who never wanted me to become a singer.

Hye jin went and grabbed a tissue nearby.

Hey jin: You know what I think? I think your mother is very proud of you. she's proud that you're following your dreams despite oppositions. No mother wants their daughter to be unhappy for the rest of her life. she might've not known that you would be given musical talent even if she was against music. I bet if she heard you sing, she would even push you to chase your dreams.

Me: Thanks, you always know what to say in times like this. I'm very grateful.

Hye Jin: Don't say that, I'm here for you when you need to talk. Just remember that you're in freaking college now. Don't let other people control your life. IT'S YOUR LIFE. you make your own decisions.

I smiled while sobbing at the same time. I know, not attractive. But Hye Jin really knows how to comfort people. I gave her a big and warm hug.

It was about time for my first theatre class. before I forgot, Hye jin gave me things that I forgot to pack: shampoo, alarm clock, and my hello kitty plush, the most essential thing to me.

Hey Jin: Btw, did you ever find your bracelet?

Me: Oh, that's one thing I forgot to tell you. It's a long story, the reason why I'm in this mess.

Hey Jin listened intently.

Me: It turns out that my bracelet fell into the hands of the pride loving, narcissist, and egotist Woohyun and now he's threatening me to "Get close" to a guy in order to get it back.

Hey Jin: OMO, jinja? Woohyun?! from infinite?!

Me: Yup, sorry to break your dreams. But he's not so innocent as he seems on T.V.

Hey Jin: bBut why would he? it doesn't even make any sense!

Me: I don't know and I don't care what his reason is. The main problem is, his demands are impossible for me! I have zero dating experience!

Hey Jin: Really? not even in high school?

Me: No! I was mentally fascinated by Justin Bieber at that time.

Hye Jin bursted out a giggle. I guess the fact that I've never had a boyfriend was amusing to her. She must've had tons,at least that she seemed like to me.

Hey Jin: Hmm.....I don't see why not? I mean, you're pretty for an average girl, you naturally have double eyelids, and you have a skinny and proportionate body. The only thing is your skin is a bit tan and you're on the shorter side.

Me: Gee, thanks. like I wasn't self conscious already.

Hye Jin: Don't take it seriously, we can brighten your skin with skin treatments. I'll take you out sometime. With a bit of effort and makeup, you can do it. You don't even need plastic surgery.