Part 29: Have you ever been in love before?

Previously: On the plane, I opened the envelope and it revealed to be a letter.

Dear Jina Unni,

Although there's a small possibility that you'll read this, I still had to write it. I just wanted you to know that you are an inspiration to me. Although you barely revealed yourself to the world, I was inspired by you. Ever since I watched the Beatles Code broadcast where you revealed your choice to pursue music despite studying Neurology, it made me realize something important about myself. As a child, I dreamed of becoming a singer. I wanted to sing and compose music. But my parents never allowed me to, they pressured me to go to college and become a surgeon despite my interest. I am currently in my last year of high school and preparing to take the college entrance exam. After the broadcast, I finally realized what I wanted to do and decided to attend an audition. My parents were madly fruriated, but I fought long and hard. Eventually they gave up and accepted it. I wanted to say 'thank you.' I might be one of thousands of letters, but at least there's a chance for you to read it. I was never a fan of SNSD, but I am now. I will be sure to keep following you throughout your career and hope for the best! Best of luck Unnie!

Your dearest fan.

I held the letter close to my chest and my heart was warmer than siting in front of a fireplace during a cold, frosty blizzard. It was one letter, but it has made my day all the better.

***********************************************************************************************

-Jina's POV-

New York City was everything that I imagined it would be. The bustling streets full of people, high-end fashion shops, to cabon dioxide from cars polluting the atmosphere. Arriving at an airport in January in New York City is very unpleasant. I shuffled around my bag for an extra beanie and gum.

"It's so f*cking cold." Jessica blurted in English. Me and Tiffany unni turned, it was only then that it actually hit us that we were in a foreign country where we can't curse in English and get away with it anymore. Three separate vans were already waiting for us by the time we exit out of the doors. I was shocked to she Mary, my assistant, come out holding two cups of Starbucks coffee.

"Since when did you get here?" I asked.

"I arrived a day before you. Coffee?"

"Thanks."

We settled into the vans and drove off to the hotel where we would stay for the next three days. During the ride, I ate another chocolate biscuit. I'm actually here. We're actually here.  I glanced out of the windows and onto the streets of NY, they were the people I were so familiar with, blondes, brunettes, blonde handsome business men in suits lining up for a morning coffee, and groups of teenage girls hitting the mall with their friends. This was the american Life that I missed. Even though I have never been to NY, somehow it felt home.

The fans gave a surprise gift to SNSD. As soon as we arrived to our hotel entrance, fans were gathered in small mini crowds chanting, "Bring the boys out!" Security guards were in the back doing their best to control the crowd. My van was the 2nd to arrive at the doors. As our manager oppa opened the door, me and Yuri unni stepped out, which sets off more screams. We linked our arms and walked in like BFFS. It turns out that S.M booked us into a 5-star hotel. However they weren't wealthy enough to afford separate rooms for ten girls and a few staff members. So I ended up sharing a room with Seohyun.

Placing my purse and bags onto the chairs, I immediately jumped into the sheets as soon as they unlocked the doors.

"You look like a five year old who just got her first room." Seohyun snorted.