Part 27: At the MAMAs with Super Junior

Previously: She picked up her glass again and swirled it, "It's fine. Even though he makes all the decisions, he still has to repay me his debt." She took a sip. "Didn't SNSD add a new member?"

"Yes, I heard it was a girl from the United States. Yang Kim Jina was her name I believe."

"Yang Kim Jina." She repeated. "Oh boy, looks like I've been out of the picture for too long."

"What do you mean?" Young-min questioned, but was fearful.

Chaewon placed her glass down. She glanced at Young-Min and with a wicked smile, "Do you think the staff will be happy to see me back?"

***********************************************************************************************

-Jina's POV-

It was cold and snow was everywhere. In the eyes of a girl from Los Angeles, California, the snow was unusual but breathtaking.

"Have you never seen snow before?" Jessica unni teased. Jessica stopped before she realized, "Ahh.. yeah, California."

I gave her a smile before returning to the window and gaze down into the streets of Seoul from the 5th floor of S.M's building. We were back in the famous practice room with the cloud wallpaper hanging in the back. I glanced between to the members who were preparing to practice. Tiffany and Hyoyeon were sitting on the floor silently chatting while Yuri and Sooyoung  were retracing their steps in our choreography. In the back,  were Mary, my assistant, along with  other assistants and Seojoon talking with the rest of our manager oppas.

I sighed and tied my hair in a pony tail. "Why do we got to practice The Boys again? I thought we were good on that."

Jessica turned and place her hands on her hips. "We always practice before an awards show. Since we are doing a special performance for the MAMAs, looks like we'll be here for awhile."

I pouted. I disliked learning new choreography, mainly because I'm the slowest in the group to get the steps right. Well, I'm not alone because Tiffany unni has the same struggles as I do. I made a quick stop to the restroom until I heard fragments of voices coming from the room next to our practice room. It was loud, but hypotizing. The beat had a strong melody and loud chanting. I mistook it for latin until I realized it was English. "...heartless, mindless, no one who care about me.."

The doors was cracked open. I tried to peek though the small crack and discovered seven figures. Five were in the recording room while the other was a middle aged man. It wasn't until much later where I recognized one of the figure was Joon Myun. He stood behind the microphone along with four other members. I stood behind the door long enough to hear his solo line and was surprised by his voice. His singing, his voice, his tone, his emotions, it was nothing like his normal talking voice. I wouldn't be able to recognize it was his singing unless I witness it.

He caught a glimpse of me through the crack. I froze. And then he went back to singing, leaving me confused whether I should stay or leave. Soon the other members started to notice me as well which made me more nervous. Okay, it's time for me to leave, I thought to myself.

The producer turned around and gave me a dirty look. I straightened my back and cleared my throat, determined not to make a food of myself.

"May I help you?" He asked.

I froze stiff. What was I supposed to say? That I was creepily looking at them?

"Um.. I was on my way to the restroom and overheard you guys."

No response. Just then, I heard footsteps coming up from my left ear. It was Taeyeon Unni.

"Where were you? We've been waiting for you for thirty minutes!" She exclaimed.