Part 35: First Kiss

Previously: Chaewon soon finished her plate of oranges and signals the maid to come back. "Jang Min-shi, pack your bags. I think it's time for you to return home to your family."

"R-really? Thank you, Madame. I will never forget your benevolence."

The maid stood at the corner of the room for ten whole minutes for waiting for Chaewon's orders. "I think I'll have a few more slices of orange before heading to bed."

The maid bows respectfully, "Yes madame. I shall be right back."

Standing at the edge of the balcony, Chaewon spent the rest of her night admiring the flowers and the bustling streets of Gangnam. "Lee Linda. You thought she'd be safe by leaving the country? Ha, always underestimating me aren't you? Let the future be our judge and see."

***********************************************************************************************

*Jina's POV*

After splash mountain, we walked around Disneyland and rode a couple of more rides. They were nothing special to me as I've been here since I was a toddler. But to Ji-Hyun, Disneyland was a magical paradise. She made us stop at every corner just to take a picture. Joon Myun ended up being the cameraman every time. Imagine an Asian guy doing squatting and bending his knees at a thirty five degree angle just for one picture. Yes, I don't know them if anyone passing by asked.

Ji-Hyun insisted that we visit California Adventure as well. We bought more tickets and she immediately ran to California Screaming, the only roller coaster at Disneyland.

"Come on! It'll be fun!" Ji-Hyun hollered.

No money in the world was enough to get me ride that ride. It was impossible.

I stepped back, ready to sprint my way out. "No way in the world. I will not ride that."

A mischievous grin formed in Joon Myun's petty face. "Why? Are you scared?"

"W-What me?" I scoffed defensively. "I ain't scared. I've been here all my life."

"Then let's proceed to get in line." Joon Myun gestured Ji-Hyun and started to walk towards the ride.

I remained in the same place. Come on Jina, It's just a ride. Just a ride.

As I walked closer and closer to the attraction, my heart beat got faster and faster. I have a long list of phobias and fears. Roller coasters was number one of that list. For the past nineteen years, I never rode a roller coaster and never will. Will today be that day?

Joon Myun stops walking and checks back on me. With a cunning smirk on his face, "Coming?"

I was determined to wipe that smirk off his face. Maybe it won't be too bad. It's just a ride. There's nothing to be afraid of Jina. You can do this.

Ji-Hyun ended up sitting in one of the front seats with a little kid who was brave enough to ride without his parent. I was stuck on the ride with a seat next to Joon Myun. As the ride approaches the big drop, I started to regret my decision to get on. My hands were getting sweaty and my heart was beating like a marathon. I glance over to Joon Myun, hoping that he was nervous too. He kept a straight and unamused face ever since we got on the ride.

The second we approached the drop, I immediately shut my eyes. It was one of the worst feelings in the world. Many people ride coasters as a way to obtain adrenaline. For me, I felt no adrenaline except for the feeling that I was going to die. I couldn't hear myself, but I knew for a fact that I screamed at such a high pitch, glass would break if they were around. After the drop and the ride was still high up going fast, I glanced over to Joon Myun. He still had a straight face, but there was a hint of amusement. It looked more like he was looking down at the park, like a tourist admiring the landscape.