Part 26: The Meeting That Makes The Heart Beat

Previously: After lunch ended and we all paid our respected goodbyes, Kim Ho Sook and Tak Young Jun escorted me back to company headquarters.

Rings. Rings.

Ho Sook: Annoenghaseyo?............ Yes........Yes?......Oh yes! Thank you, we will get back with you. Yes... Kamsamida.

Ho Sook hangs up with a big fat smile on his little face. "President-Nim, that was a staff member from Universal Music Group. It looks like they have agreed."

Me: Really? That's great! Call Park Seojoon and schedule a meeting along with the members of SNSD tonight.

Ho Sook: Yes, on it.

Take Young Jun: What seems to be the happy occasion president-nim?

Me: Great news. We're expanding our reach to the west. We are introducing our first K-pop group to the rest of the world.

***********************************************************************************************

-Seohyun's POV-

"Carrots, cucumbers, lettuce..... What else am I missing?" I went through the supermarket aisle but its hard trying to see through a pair of sunglasses when its nighttime. I took the risks and took my sunglasses off for a brief moment to read the signs. I tried my best to not look suspicious but its hard to do that when you're wearing a dark hoodie and a mouth mask. I originally planned to make kimbap for the girls but seeing that I'm having a hard time finding seaweed, I'll just make soup instead.

"Why is that woman wearing a hood and sunglasses in a store?" two teenage girls next to me whispered.

"Could she be an idol?" Another asked.

"No way! Wait, get close to her and see." the girl replied. The girls then started to creep up around me and I dashed out of there to the ice cream section.

"Whew! that was close." I told myself.

I spotted chocolate flavored ice cream and immediately thought of Jina.

"Maybe I'll buy some for her."

As I reached for the Ice cream, another hand clashed with mine.

"Oh I'm sorry!" I looked up to a face that was also wearing a hoodie and a mouth mask like me. The eyes were so similar. Those are the pair of eyes I've seen before.

The guy scratched his head and suddenly called out, "Seohyun?"

My heart skipped a beat. I couldn't have possibly blown away my cover! I quickly grabbed the ice cream, threw it in the cart, and was ready to rush out of there.

"Wait! it's me!"

"I'm sorry but I don't know you." I answered.

He pulled off his mouth mask, confirming my suspicions. I was correct. It is him.

"Yonghwa?" I blurted but realized how loud I was. He nodded and stealthily put his mask back on.

Me: W-what are you doing here?

Yonghwa: I could say the same for you.

Me: I'm was just buying ice cream. What are you doing here?

Yonghwa: So was I. Figured the members would love some too.

Me: You know its dangerous going out here alone.

Yonghwa: I'd still say the same for you.

I stayed quiet. I didn't know what to do or what to say. It's been months since we last saw each other. The last time I communicated with him was when we were filming the last episode of We Got Married. Right after he gave me a well-warm hug and dropped me off at the dormitories. Ever since then, we returned back to being strangers. Whenever we remeet at music shows and events, he would simply treat me as a stranger and so would I.