Part 22: Debut Night: The Boys

I remained silent, didn't want to answer.

Mary: Don't worry, I won't judge.

Me:.......He's well umm... in the same company. Part of the new group that's debuting.

Mary: Well at least he's a idol, that means he's cute. And in the same company too? That'll make it easier for both of us. Alright, I decided to help you. I'll be your wing- woman.

Me: What?! No, it fine. this is my problem, I should deal with it myself.

Mary: Girl, you have no idea how much of a help I could be. I've had a bit of experience with this, Don't worry this will a piece of cake.

*****************************************************************************************************

okay, I've got through the day, I told myself. As I walked to the cafeteria to get myself a delicious cheeseburger, my phone rings.

Me: Annyeonghaseyo?

Seojoon: It's me. Come meet me, I'm right out front the campus in the parking lot. Are you finished with your classes?

Me: Pretty much. Why?

Seojoon: You'll see.

There you go, people trying to act mysterious; thinking it's cool. Well, its not. That's one thing that I can't stand. My philosophy is if you got something to say, say it.

I arrived at the parking lot where Seojoon unni was busy on her cell phone. Even when we're in the car, she didn't even speak one word to me. It was one of those times where adults discuss "business," or so it seems. I couldn't understand what they were talking about- something about a Doctor. There even was one moment where she glance at me through her rear mirror stating, "She'll just have to deal with it."

It shocked me that she took me to Gangnam- to the beauty belt where hundreds of plastic surgery clinics lined endlessly through the streets of Gangnam. I panicked because I knew very well what she was thinking. Thinking of ways where somehow I could exit out of the car, even if I needed to jump. She was well aware but somehow kept on driving until we pulled over. She exited the vehicle and opened the door to my side of the car. I stayed put showing my objection.

Me: I'm staying put.

Seojoon: Now it's not the time to be stubborn Jina.

Me: You can't make me.

Seojoon: You know what you are? You are a soon-to-be K-Pop idol. Many gone through this road before.

Me: Are you saying that I'm ugly? Is the company saying I'm ugly? Didn't you think it would've been a good idea to discuss this with me instead of going behind my back?

Seojoon: This is not America. This is orders and you know that. You won't make it far in this industry if you can't even make it through this.

Me: Orders? By Lee Soo Man himself? I don't believe it until he tells me personally.

Seojoon: Stop making this difficult. This is only for your good.

Me: I said no!

I raised my tone without even realizing it. Seojoon seemed shocked as she thought I was too fragile and nice to yell at anyone. She sighed deeply and made a call. "Annyeonghaseyo? she refused." Mumbles of a man's voice came charging out of the speaker but wasn't clear enough for me to verify who it was." Uh huh, okay, I'll take her to you."

she hung up and walked back into the car. I closed the door, irritated at the situation. I didn't care less of asking her about the person she spoke with, I didn't wanted to be surrounded by plastic. We drove back to the S.M headquarters.